TIPS Free DID from IPCOMMS suddenly stopped working

Halea

Reaction score
It was a couple of days ago when I noticed that there was no call on my free DID from IPCOMMS. I had it running and daily used, but certainly not abused, for several months now - probably 3 to 4. It worked well and gave stellar audio quality. It never went down ... until suddenly it stopped working.
Anyone experiencing similar issues on free DIDs from that provider?

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
I have been using them for years, and do not remember an outage.

My numbers are all active. I suggest you check with their support group.

--------

Halea

Reaction score
Well, the free DID is gone! Nobody knows its whereabouts.
I think next time I see a free DID offer I'll pass. This is actually the second time it's happening to me with two different providers.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
"Sorry for your loss." ;)

I, too, have been using IPComms for years without any kind of hiccup, so I dunno why you unfortunately got singled out for abuse.

Halea

Reaction score
It wasn't for abuse. They had some issues at their end. It just happened and because I let a few days go by it was considered unclaimed and it was assigned to someone else apparently. They offered me an alternate DID, but it had its own routing problems. So, I had to bow.
I don't have any ill feelings about ipcomms but frankly they are not even in the same league of some providers that I have been using lately - quality and price wise. So not a big loss.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Best use case for us is as destination for Google Voice calls.

Halea

Reaction score
Best use case for us is as destination for Google Voice calls.
Neither the original nor the substitute number were reachable from GV. Some voip routes worked well (much like actual pstn calls) and gave great audio, some simply didn't work.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
It wasn't for abuse. They had some issues at their end. It just happened and because I let a few days go by it was considered unclaimed and it was assigned to someone else apparently. They offered me an alternate DID, but it had its own routing problems. So, I had to bow.
I don't have any ill feelings about ipcomms but frankly they are not even in the same league of some providers that I have been using lately - quality and price wise. So not a big loss.
No; no -- I wasn't saying you were guilty of some abuse. I was saying I was sorry that they chose to abuse you by deleting your DID. :biggrinjester:

kcallis

Reaction score
I have tried to get a DID from IPCOMMS since the offer was first shown on NV. I fill out there form, and my issue is that no matter what I plug into the form, after the capcha check box, I always give a message saying the I didn't completely complete the form. I have sent a message to the support team, and still have not received any responses..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.