TIPS Free DID from IPCOMMS suddenly stopped working

Halea

Reaction score
It was a couple of days ago when I noticed that there was no call on my free DID from IPCOMMS. I had it running and daily used, but certainly not abused, for several months now - probably 3 to 4. It worked well and gave stellar audio quality. It never went down ... until suddenly it stopped working.
Anyone experiencing similar issues on free DIDs from that provider?

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
I have been using them for years, and do not remember an outage.

My numbers are all active. I suggest you check with their support group.

--------

Reactions: wardmundy

Halea

Reaction score
Well, the free DID is gone! Nobody knows its whereabouts.
I think next time I see a free DID offer I'll pass. This is actually the second time it's happening to me with two different providers.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
"Sorry for your loss." ;)

I, too, have been using IPComms for years without any kind of hiccup, so I dunno why you unfortunately got singled out for abuse.

Halea

Reaction score
It wasn't for abuse. They had some issues at their end. It just happened and because I let a few days go by it was considered unclaimed and it was assigned to someone else apparently. They offered me an alternate DID, but it had its own routing problems. So, I had to bow.
I don't have any ill feelings about ipcomms but frankly they are not even in the same league of some providers that I have been using lately - quality and price wise. So not a big loss.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Best use case for us is as destination for Google Voice calls.

Reactions: Halea

Halea

Reaction score
Best use case for us is as destination for Google Voice calls.
Neither the original nor the substitute number were reachable from GV. Some voip routes worked well (much like actual pstn calls) and gave great audio, some simply didn't work.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
It wasn't for abuse. They had some issues at their end. It just happened and because I let a few days go by it was considered unclaimed and it was assigned to someone else apparently. They offered me an alternate DID, but it had its own routing problems. So, I had to bow.
I don't have any ill feelings about ipcomms but frankly they are not even in the same league of some providers that I have been using lately - quality and price wise. So not a big loss.
No; no -- I wasn't saying you were guilty of some abuse. I was saying I was sorry that they chose to abuse you by deleting your DID. :biggrinjester:

Members online

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilcocuyo