DEAL Free Cell Svc + Free SIP Svc

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
@wardmundy, gotta say that I'm surprised that you were as late to this particular party as you apparently were! :)

Ring+ has been doing this for a while, and has had the SIP capability for as long as I have been paying attention (since last June), but I'm told R+ has actually been doing the free phone thing for several years...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Yeah. We were terribly late to the party. So... Why didn't some of you guys share with the rest of us???

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
*oops*

Guess we thought you knew? 'Cuz you ordinarily know everything nerdworthy? :)

Seriously, I was focusing on it more as a cell replacement and mobile data than a SIP channel, even though I was tinkering with the SIP connectivity. I have so many SIP providers (and more free SIP minutes than I could use in a while from beta-testing this-n-that-n-the other thing) that it wasn't even on the radar screen...

Mea culpa.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Morning Laugh Re: SIP Gateway

Ca2z69wWcAErZOi.jpg

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Valentine Promo Friday 12, Feb - Monday 15, Feb 2016
RingPlus Announcements

Opens Friday February 12, 2015 at 12Noon PST
Closes Monday February 15, 2015 at 11PM PST

A Full Hand of Free plans:

• Queen of Hearts Free Plan
$0/mo. for 1,000 minutes (plus Unlimited RingPlus-to-RingPlus calling), 1,000 texts, and 650 MB of 4G LTE data plus tethering included. Current members can change to this plan at any time.

A $10 Top Up is required to cover overages. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $0, another $10 auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

• King of Hearts Free Plan
$0/mo. for 1,350 minutes, 1,350 texts, and 1,350 MB of 4G LTE data plus you can add tethering for $5 per month

A $20 Top Up is required to cover overages. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $0, another $20 auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

This plan can only be activated if a Queen of Hearts plan is active on the account (an account is your RingPlus login email containing all of your active lines/phone numbers). The King of Hearts plan must be added as a new line.

• Ace of Hearts Free Plan
$0/mo. for 2,000 minutes, 2,000 texts, and 2000 MB of 4G LTE data plus you can add tethering for $8 per month.

A $25 Top Up is required to cover overages. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $0, another $25 auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

This plan can only be activated if a King of Hearts plan is active on the account (an account is your RingPlus login email containing all of your active lines/phone numbers). The Ace of Hearts plan must be added as a new line.

If you cancel one of the Valentine’s promotion plans or downgrade to a lower plan such as the Queen of Hearts, then the two higher plans will be moved a step back.

Example:

If you cancel a Queen of Hearts, King of Hearts becomes Queen of Hearts, and Ace of Hearts becomes King of Hearts.

If you cancel a King of Hearts, Ace of Hearts becomes King of Hearts. Queen of Hearts will remain the same.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The picture that comes to mind is playing the slot machines on the Titanic. I like to gamble, but RingPlus makes Cloud@Cost actually look reliable.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
The picture that comes to mind is playing the slot machines on the Titanic. I like to gamble, but RingPlus makes Cloud@Cost actually look reliable.
Most definitely, lately!

Not coming to their defense, but R+ has actually worked reliably enough for my modest needs needs since I started using it last summer. I am a rare bird that seldom talks on my cellphone.

Hmmm... it's only recently that it has completely gone down the toilet.

Hmmm... it's only recently that you, @wardmundy, published the "use them for a free DID and SIP connectivity" article.

Hmmm...

:)

Jake

Reaction score
Quick question. If I register RingPlus as a trunk to receive incoming calls will it also ring my cell phone or does it allow two registrations? Does it do wifi to cell handoff? Could RingPlus an alternative to vMobile?

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
First you have to get the trunk to register! Mine has been timing out for 5 days and counting

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We'll post a note if/when RingPlus SIP returns to the living. :shuriken:

stanjohn

Not quite right
Reaction score
Confirm the incoming voip not working, also stuck in registration for their forums not receiving confirmation emails. The deposits would appear to be a funding source if so they could be gone if they stop growing. I don't mind funding their gamble as I believe they have great ideas and hope they make it. Like the voice mail dashboard and the whole idea. This appears to be "too good to be true".

mobyz

Reaction score
Incoming / outgoing works , plays advt on outgoing sometimes

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
... plays advt on outgoing sometimes

If things are working correctly it should play advert or music for outgoing calls, each time, instead of ringtone.

If you hear an ad or music, then at least things are working correctly...

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
How critical is the link to twitter etc?
Sip outgoing works but no incoming

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
@wardmundy may be thinking that they might yank your service if you don't comply with the social network requirements. me, I don't even have a Twitter account and they haven't shut me down yet.

At a minimum comply with the social networking conditions precedent to getting the service, and keep it in place for a while so you qualify for the service at the outset.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@wardmundy may be thinking that they might yank your service if you don't comply with the social network requirements. me, I don't even have a Twitter account and they haven't shut me down yet.

At a minimum comply with the social networking conditions precedent to getting the service, and keep it in place for a while so you qualify for the service at the outset.
Only one of the three is required.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.