Free Accounts and Minutes with AxVoice

merlyn

Reaction score
Thanks BillG yup thats all it was for me ... I was trying to login at the normal webpage login screen. As you said you have to use the secure one that Ward mentions.

Now if only your problem was that easy to fix.

Merlyn

BillG

Reaction score
So the account is working in and out in Asterisk, Merlyn?

merlyn

Reaction score
Sorry BillG I have not gotten PBX-in-a-flash up and working yet. I simply have not had enough time during the week to do it (Damn job is really cutting into my realy computer interests) And it is really annoying to me because I it want it setup yesterday :)

But to be honest I have setup asterisk now, trixbox and nerdvittles original trixbox setup several times now (ok like 8 times total now this install makes 9)and never really got any of them to dial out properly.

Just started in asterisk a few months ago so I am still trying to figure it all out.

I am trying to use a cisco 7960 phone so that is always a interesting device to get working ...

Odd that you have other providers working fine though and cannot get just this one to work ...

Merlyn

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
Same axvoice problem

I haven't switched over to PBXiaf yet (just got it downloaded earlier today), but I am having the same problem with axvoice as BillG on my TB 2.2. What makes mine doubly frustrating is that one of my paid for trunks is axvoice! :) It works fine, but the beta one refuses to register, just getting request sent.

BillG

Reaction score
I'm seeing the same behavior on both my old TB install as well as my new PBXiaF, while all of my other trunks work just fine. I don't think this is my problem...

gbh2o

Reaction score
I'm seeing the same behavior on both my old TB install as well as my new PBXiaF, while all of my other trunks work just fine. I don't think this is my problem...

FWIW, I still haven't gotten around to PBXiaf, but AxVoice beta on my TB2.2/FreePBX2.3.1 mangled system shows for SIP registery:

AxvoiceOut/myusername 69.90.174.98 9060 OK (89 ms)
ax-in/myusername (Unspecified) 5060 Unmonitored

and for SIP Peers:

magnum.axvoice.com:9060 myusername 105 Registered

and all is well; at least whenever the beta isn't getting revised ;-)

BillG

Reaction score
Weird. Well, something is going on somewhere but I don't have anything else to try.

Reaction score
I had to wait 24 hours

Or so before anything would work...

Now I have registration and will test calls.

Reaction score
I was able to get:

axvoice_out/username 69.90.174.98 9060 OK (112 ms)
ax-in/username 69.90.174.98 9060 Unmonitored
2 sip peers [Monitored: 1 online, 0 offline Unmonitored: 1 online, 0 offline]

by adding:

host=magnum.axvoice.com
port=9060

to my Incoming Settings.

My...
understanding of this test account was that it maybe only for inbound calls at this time. At any rate I am registered and still not getting inbound.

I'll try a port forward.

Robert

gbh2o

Reaction score
I was able to get:

My...
understanding of this test account was that it maybe only for inbound calls at this time. At any rate I am registered and still not getting inbound.

I'll try a port forward.

Robert

I've been using it since the beta was first announced and have both incoming and outbound. See my first post [page1] and note that I manually created the inbound entry in the extensions_custom.conf file ;-) Perhaps that's why the inbound works although I know it's not the way I should be doing it with TrixBox... but that'sa how it works for me!

gomonn

Reaction score
Just got my email now , after 10 mn or so of tinkering with the settings, I got registered. The last thing I did was add the DID to the registration string
username:p[email protected]:9060/DID

I get "number not in service" when I try calling my DID but I guess it is because it is sunday ....... Did not test outgoing call neither

mrsco

Reaction score
axvoice incoming calls

Hi,

I'm testing PBX in a Flash with the free AxVoice account I setup. I'm able to make outbound calls and extension to extension calls, but I get "number is not in service..." message when making an inbound call. Below is my config for the trunk...

TRUNK NAME: axvoice
PEER DETAILS:
allow=ulaw,g729
authname=****
canreinvite=no
context=ax-in
defaultip=magnum.axvoice.com
disallow=all
dtmfmode=rfc2833
fromdomain=magnum.axvoice.com
fromuser=*****
host=magnum.axvoice.com
insecure=very
nat=yes
port=9060
secret=********
type=friend
user=phone
username=*****

USER CONTEXT: ax-in
USER DETAILS:
authname=*****
context=from-trunk
fromuser=******
host=magnum.axvoice.com
insecure=very
nat=yes
port=9060
secret=*******
type=friend
username=*****

Register String:
******:*******@magnum.axvoice.com:9060

I have an Inbound Route that has the DID and CID fields blank to accept all incoming and the destination goes to a ring group with my extensions in it.

Any help you can provide would be great. Thanks.

-Robert

gomonn

Reaction score
"Number is not in service" means it is at their end ... give them a call or send an email to ax@axvoice they will get back to you ... They are fast ... :)

mrsco

Reaction score
i think it was a little bit on both our ends. they (axvoice) said they fixed something and I also had to make a change to my trunk config...
TRUNK NAME: axvoice
PEER DETAILS:
allow=ulaw
authname=*******
canreinvite=no
context=from-trunk-axvoice
defaultip=magnum.axvoice.com
disallow=all
dtmfmode=rfc2833
fromdomain=magnum.axvoice.com
fromuser=******
host=magnum.axvoice.com
insecure=very
nat=yes
port=9060
secret=******
type=friend
user=phone
username=******

notice the bold context setting. this was the key. after axvoice fixed their end I checked the asterisk logfile and found that the incoming calls were hitting my pbx and getting routed incorrectly. i think what ever you name your trunk you have to make the context=from-trunk-trunkname for incoming to work correctly...just my theory.. still new to this... thanks for the help and putting together this awesome system for us.

BillG

Reaction score
Can you show your entire trunk? Out, In, and Register String? No matter what I do I can't get mine to register - it shows only "request sent". ALL of my other trunks work fine.

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
Number not in service

I am having the number not in service problem. I got asterisk to register but when I make an outgoing call I have a 3-5 second delay after the phone rings before the call is connected.

Jeff

Mic

Reaction score
Note: Magnum ping times from ATL avg 290ms while sip.axvoice.com avg 98ms ... with avgs of 290ms call quality has got to suffer..

BillG

Reaction score
From Massachusetts sip is 25ms, magnum is 17ms. Not that it really matters since I can't register anyway.

cbrogers

Reaction score
I got the outbound working, but the inbound does not work. They want you to create an extension at the end of the register string to get it to work. None of my other providers ask for this. Does anyone have a working configuration for incoming for Axvoice. Please Help.

texas1

Reaction score
Ward - How about putting a working config on Nerd Vittles?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.