Forum Layout preference lost after GDPR acceptance

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
I accepted the NEW privacy policy this morning and the site layout went to the Black & white style that I abhor. How do I find the OLD colorful style again, I looked all through my profile and it is GONE.

Why are sites in USA cowtowing to a European standard in the first place ?

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Been out all day. Ywes back to my preference. Thank You

But why is everyone in such a hurry to cowtow to european regulations? Do they own the internet tnow? I thing the US's Net Nutrality maay give them a run for their Euros.

Reaction score
The latest version of the forum software forces all users to accept the Privacy Policy no matter if a site is in USA or the EU. Data protection in general is not a European thing and has always been around. GDPR is an EU regulation but its quite complicated as to whom it really affects and we also have many European users so we need to be compliant.

dallas

Reaction score
Been out all day. Ywes back to my preference. Thank You

But why is everyone in such a hurry to cowtow to european regulations? Do they own the internet tnow? I thing the US's Net Nutrality maay give them a run for their Euros.
We need the strongest possible data protection available so no cowtowing here. I have no problem with the European model.
No they don't own the internet, but it's not owned by the USA (or anyone else) either.

billsimon

Reaction score
mainenotarynet said:
I thing the US's Net Nutrality maay give them a run for their Euros.

What is this even supposed to mean?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Trust me, you want US (and all sites) sites to "cowtow" to the European standard. You really, really, do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.