I did a new piaf setup with

PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.2 under *HARDWARE*
FreePBX Version = 2.9.0.9
Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.8.0
Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.8.0
Dahdi Source Version = 2.6.0+2.6.0
Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12
IP Address = 192.168.0.16 on eth0
Operating System = CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
Kernel Version = 2.6.32-220.2.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit Incredible PBX 3 Version = 3.0.5

I have 3 Google Voice Trunks, and Vitelity and VoicePulse

Everything appears to be working fine except...
I have one extension setup with Follow me to my cell phone number 1234567890#

If I dial this extension from another internal extension it works fine and rings my cell phone.

However an incoming outside call rings the extensions (via a ring all group) but it does not dial my cell phone.

I can make multiple simultaneous outgoing calls.

Any ideas?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Please upload the portion of the log file which shows what happens during the inbound call. This is in /var/log/asterisk and is called full.

That should show you what happens on the outbound call.

bmore

Guru
Reaction score
The log is attached.

Before the line breaks is an internal extension call. After is what happens when an outside calls comes in.

Thanks.

Bobby

Attachments

• my-log.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 3

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
If you are using a PRI or any connection with an LEC or CLEC, your caller ID on outbound can only be one of your DID's. Make sure when you do the follow me, your CallerID being sent to the cell phone is not the caller ID of the inbound caller. If it is, the call will pass away and there is very little info in the logs about it.

My solution to this is to put steering digits in the Follow me in front of the cell phone number to go to. Then I put in an outbound route to a voip carrier, or a route that forces the caller id.

My Follow me will contain:

where 4455 (cell) are steering digits.

Then I create an outbound route that strips the 4455 and sends the call to a VOIP carrier that will allow CallerID spoofing.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We use a similar but slightly different approach that doesn't require any manual CallerID manipulation in the dialplan....

1. Create an outbound route to one of your VoIP providers that permits CallerID spoofing using a prefix as John suggested, e.g. 8|NXXNXXXXXX where the 8 gets stripped off before the call is passed to the provider.
  2. Create a dummy extension (12345) and add it to your default inbound route Ring Group.
  3. Use *72 to set up forwarding of calls from extension 12345 to your cellphone number. Be sure to add a prefix to your cellphone number (8 in this example) to force the call to the VoIP provider trunk and outbound route above.

FreePBX will now handle the rest including passing the actual CallerID of every inbound call to your cellphone.

bmore

Guru
Reaction score
The 3 caller id solutions look great but in my case I prefer the caller id on the follow me calls to be the trunk's caller id. I like to know when my cell phone rings if it is a personal or business call so I can answer appropriately. My bluetooth headset announces the caller id as Acme Corporation.

Remember ext 701 has follow me to my cell with ringall. If I call 701 from ext 705; ext 701 and my cell rings. It works as desired.

If I place a call from outside to one of my trunks which ring a group with all extensions. All extensions ring but my cell does not also ring.

I could setup a dummy extension as in Ward's suggestion with call forwarding to my cell but I would prefer not to use that solution. The problem is that if my cell phone is unreachable, calls then go straight to my cell voicemail instead of the company voice mail and my callers think I am running a small operation and not Acme the fortune 500 corp :smile5:

In summary, why is working for internal calls but not for external callers.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
In summary, why is working for internal calls but not for external callers.

The only difference in internal and external calls is that internal calls only need one trunk, i.e. a way to forward the call to your cellphone. External calls need two trunks: one trunk to get incoming calls to your PBX and another (simultaneous) one to send the call back out to your cellphone. My guess is there's a problem with obtaining a second outbound trunk. Don't know why.

bmore

Guru
Reaction score
In my troubleshooting I thought as much... So I placed multiple simultaneous external calls ... Which I am able to do without problems from extensions.

bmore

Guru
Reaction score
I tried different did's. It is not the did. If you look at the log for calls from the internal you can see the external call to the cell being setup.

It does not setup an outgoing call for an external call incoming to the trunk.

Like your prior experience, I am leaning to a problem with the build... It worked fine on my old setup of purple before I upgraded to this latest install.

bmore

Guru
Reaction score
Ok I narrowed it down to a bug or "feature".

I have Follow me on extension 701 to simultaneously ring my cell phone.

If I call from extension 702 to 701 it works fine, both 701 and my cell phone rings.

If I place an inbound call from outside with the Inbound Route set to a Ring Group with all extensions... It Does Not work.

However if I change the Inbound Route to ring only extension 701... It works fine, both 701 and my cell phone ring.

Bobby

MiB

Reaction score
Add a # to the extension in the ring group to include its follow me extensions.

Instead of 701 use 701#

ariban

Reaction score
Hi,
I have both follow me and also ring groups and i use Google Voice as my trunk provider. however i tried the above and it still shows the main google voice number as the incoming callers id instead of the actual persons callers id number.
how can i fix this for google voice?

thank you
Ben

ariban

Reaction score
thanks do you know of a cheap but good provider who allows spoofing to work for the above reason?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.