TIPS Follow me question...

Gary Vassalotti

Reaction score
Ok, this may be a dumb question, but here goes:

I have a two line phone on my desk, extions are configured. When I am on the first line and get a call, it automatically goes to voice mail. I want it to ring the other line on the phone. I have tried many of the follow me options but still get voice mail...

What setting do I need?

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
@Gary Vassalotti ... I had the same question using a two-line analog phone. The resolution is not quite a "follow-me" issue, but can be addressed by using ring groups.

See this discussion thread from 2011: https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/busy-forwarding-and-ringall-ring-groups.11463/#post-72554.

Though my problem/solution was originally using PSTN analog lines and analog cards in my PIAF to support the analog two-line phones using, the same approach works (using a Ring Group containing the extension #s on the multi-line phone and skip busy agents set in the Ring Group) with analog ATAs or SIP phones.

/Pete./

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
On GrandStream, Yealink, and others, with call waiting enabled, the second call will ring

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.