TIPS Flowroute IP Authentication

tenriquez

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a Flowroute account, which is working as expected for outbound calls. I read that using IP authentication instead of SIP authentication is considered more secure so I decided to give it a try to see if I could get it working.

1. Create an outbound IP in the “Outbound Allowed IPs” flowroute manager screen.
2. Selected “Disable SIP credentials for outbound calls” from the Fraud Control Screen.
3. Added the outbound dial prefix to a new trunk.
4. Added the new trunk to the outbound route.

I believe I am missing the part, which actually “registers” with flowroute. The instructions I am using are located here:

https://support.flowroute.com/entries/20593986-IP-based-Authentication-Outbound-

It does not seem to register and I can’t make any outbound calls unless I switch back to SIP Authentication. The IP address on my cable modem has not changed for a long time.

SYSTEM INFORMATION *VERIFIED*─────────────────────
Asterisk = ONLINE | Dahdi = ONLINE | MySQL = ONLINE
SSH = ONLINE | Apache = ONLINE | Iptables = ONLINE
Fail2ban = ONLINE | Internet = ONLINE | Ip6Tables = ONLINE
Disk Free = ADEQUATE| Mem Free = ADEQUATE| NTPD = ONLINE
SendMail = ONLINE | Samba = OFFLINE | Webmin = ONLINE
Ethernet0 = ONLINE | Ethernet1 = N/A | Wlan0 = N/A

PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.4 under *HARDWARE*
FreePBX Version = 2.11.0.4
Running Asterisk Version = 11.4.0
Asterisk Source Version = 11.4.0
Dahdi Source Version = 2.6.2
Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12
IP Address = 10.0.0.200 on eth0
Operating System = CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
Kernel Version = 2.6.32-358.6.2.el6.i686 - 32 Bit

Any help is greatly appreciated.

miguel

Reaction score
This wont allow you to make mobile calls if you want them or configure a dyndns account and try it inputing your fqdn ans see if that works.

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
Can you post some information from the Asterisk log file to see what happens when you try to make an outbound call?

Reaction score
Make sure in your trunk configuration you have removed all the register information or it will fail as your trunk is being rejected for trying to register when you have it turned off. I had that issue when I switched my setup with them.

Reaction score
Incase it helps here is my trunk config, I register on the LA and LV servers as two separate trunks. Make sure you have the outbound dial prefix set and this in your PEER details. Nothing else should be in your trunk config, no register string when you are using IP.

type=friend
qualify=yes
host=sip-la1.flowroute.com
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
deny=all
disallow=all
allow=g729 <<<<<<<<<< I only use g729 so change to your needs.
insecure=port,invite
fromdomain=sip-la1.flowroute.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.