QUESTION Faxing with 3cx

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
From what I can see in the documentation there is just one actual fax ext (888) that handles all the faxing within the fax server section.

However, I found that if you create other extensions in the actual phone extensions section you can set inbound rules to send the fax to that new ext (801 for example) and put a different user email in each one. My issue with this is that you now have a bunch of unregistered or offline extensions in the dashboard.

It also doesn't show what extensions the faxes actually went to in the call logs, just that it went to 888. I also doesn't show what DID the call came in on.

I guess my question in the regard is two fold....

My preferred way would be to set up multiple dedicated fax extensions exactly like 888, but with different emails for each one.

If that isn't possible, is there a way to have the call logs show what DID the calls come in on and or the actual extension (801 e.g.) the fax landed on?

On a related note, are the faxes stored somewhere on the server that they can be manually retrieved by someone should the email not reach them? Even if it's an admin that has to get it for them. I have had that happen a few times with Incredible fax and had to go into the AvantFax area to forward them along.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
So.... I got a call from a third party technical support provider that 3cx informed him that I "may need some help with the software". Not sure how I feel about that......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.