QUESTION FAXing PBX 13-13 for Ubuntu 18.04.1

Hometech

Reaction score
Hi I installed 13-13 ubuntu 18.04 and Whole Enchilada with AvantFAX everything went Great But
I don't understand how to set up my inbound route to accept fax into Avantfax. There is nothing in Set Destination useful other than Fax Recipiant?

I thought in FreePBX there would be IAX modems set up to select I looked under custom destinations, custom extensions nothing to do with faxing

But under /reports/asertisk info/ IAX info I do see:

iax-fax3
iax-fax2
iax-fax1
iax-fax0

Need a little guidance

Thank You

Hometech

Reaction score
I believe I may have found the answer I will give this a try when I get Home.

Once you have a reliable trunk for faxing, set up an outbound route to that trunk with a dial prefix (such as 9) so that outbound faxes prefixed with a 9 go out that route. You also will need a dedicated inbound DID just to handle fax calls. Point that DID to extension 329 (F-A-X), and everything else is automatic. Incoming faxes will be sent to your email address and also to the Avantfax web GUI at http://yourIPaddress/avantfax.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.