QUESTION FAX DID Routing possible?

windpoint

Reaction score
I have installed incredible fax with centos6.10. Basically it use HylaFAX / AvantFax setup. I understand the fax landing ttyIAX virtual modems and they are not tired.

I did see avantfax features CID routing. But I actually have 2 DIDs / emails and want to filter faxes by their DID. That way, I can send faxes to the corresponded emails.

I diged around this forum but still cant find a solution. Any suggestion are appreciated.

Jake

Reaction score
This what I dug up but have not tried personally. It should work however. See this thread for context: https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/hylafax-avantfax-for-piaf-parts-1-4.3645/

Dedicated DID Inbound Faxing
Of course, we must start by going through all the normal steps to prepare FreePBX for the DID. This article assumes that you have a working trunk, and have tested the DID we will be using for faxing, and that we know its working fine as a regular DID.

FreePBX - Fax Custom Destination
In order to provide a path for the inbound fax calls to reach the bank of virtual modems, our install script has already created the following context in extensions_custom.conf:

[custom-fax-iaxmodem]
exten => s,1,Dial(IAX2/iax-fax0/${EXTEN})
exten => s,n,Dial(IAX2/iax-fax1/${EXTEN})
exten => s,n,Dial(IAX2/iax-fax2/${EXTEN})
exten => s,n,Dial(IAX2/iax-fax3/${EXTEN})
exten => s,n,Busy
exten => s,n,Hangup

To make this context available as an inbound call destination, the install script has already created a FreePBX custom Destination with the following characteristics:

Description:Fax (Hylafax)
Custom Destination: custom-fax-iaxmodem,s,1
Description: Fax (Hylafax)

Since the Custom Destination and Dial plan fragment have been created, we now simply point the inbound route for our Fax DID to that special destination, Fax (Hylafax)

My thoughts:

I would create a second custom context and move the iax-fax2 & iax-fax3 IAX "lines" to that context. Then you can point one of your DIDs to the first context and the second to the other new context.

Then log into Avantfax. Create two users. Assign them to their respective "ttyIAX" Viewable Fax lines.

For Outgoing routing create two separate outbound routes and filter by CallerID "+00000000000 and +00000000001" for the iax-fax0 and iax-fax1 "lines" and do the same for fax2 using +00000000002 and fax3....

Let me know if you have trouble or if anyone else has a better idea.

Jake

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.