QUESTION Extension prompt when calling extension is --

DougBehl

Reaction score
When we internally call a specific extension or try to transfer a call, the immediate thing we hear is "At the beep enter the first three letters of the person you are trying to contact". It does not try to ring the phone. It is a mechanical voice. This is the only extension we have this issue.

If the call is routed from the direct outside call we hear the users regular unavailable message.

I have tried to compare all the settings from extensions that work correctly they seem to be all the same.

kenn10

Reaction score
Is the extension call-forwarded to something?

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
What you describe is the call is sent to the Directory (or if more than one (I have 5) a specific one) [Applications->Directory], at least the Alison Voice you hear plays that message as a default.

There is a code of either 411 (Call by name) or 412 (Call by Code) (But I think that was for Asteridex not internal directories). if your extension is one of these find the dial by name or dial by code in /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.comf and change the number. Save and if in SSH then fwconsole reload

If you do not want to mess with configuration files delete the offending extension and recreate it with a different number. It sounds like you have a feature code and extension with the same number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.