GO HERE Extension 222 Conflict w/ODBC

Reaction score
First time posting, tried searching however search does not allow me to search for 222 as in extension 222. Not sure if this is the right place either so apologies beforehand. I installed IncrediblePBX GUI, don't have exact version atm but one of the newer ones from around june/july. I have setup one single server for use in multiple locations and as such created extensions as Location1 Phone1 Line1 Line2 which equates to extension 111, extension 112.
Location2 Phone1 Line1 Line2 which equates to extension 211, extension 212 and Location2 Phone2 Line1 Line2 which equates to extension 221, extension 222 and now here is my problem. Extension 222 was for Employee ODBC Directory, fine so I change that extension to 2222 and bug is still present, deleted custom extension and related for the Employee ODBC and calls come in the queue with phone extension 222 added and all lines get answered by Employee ODBC extension as if its still setup in the system as well as setup as extension 222. I have had to redo phone extension 222 as 0222 or 2220 i believe for now but I do not like the odd extension or this problem even existing. I have tried to edit the config files however my admin login does not let me login to that portion of it either. I believe it is something stuck in a config file, does this seem so and would it be extensions.conf and how do I log into that part to edit it? I have used Elastix for quite some time and switched to IncrediblePBX GUI this year as it is less buggy, less overhead, and actually transverses firewalls better and just works, this is the first problem I have found and am still learning my way around this amazing software. Thank You.

ballhogg

Reaction score
I'm having this same issue. I'm setting up for a couple hotels, and I've run into this same problem with extensions 123 (Voice Reminders), 222 (Employee ODBC Directory) and 223 (ODBC Astridex Dialer) I need all these room numbers as extensions for these hotels. But I've had the same issue with not being able to change/delete these custom extensions.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You'll find the 123 extension in /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf. You'll find the 22x extensions in /etc/asterisk/odbc.conf. Just change the numbers if you want to preserve the functionality. Or delete the extension code if you don't need the functionality. Then restart Asterisk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.