TIPS EMail delivery voicemail to gmail account blocked

rchalk

Reaction score
In looking at the logs, Google is reporting that the email is blocked due to authentication error. Specifically, it says this:

Content-Type: message/delivery-status

Reporting-MTA: dns; XXX.dyndns.org
Received-From-MTA: DNS; XXX.dyndns.org
Arrival-Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 08:20:40 -0400

Final-Recipient: RFC822; [email protected]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550-5.7.1 This message does not have authentication information or fails to pass
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 08:20:42 -0400

This seems to have just begun in the last day or two. Can anyone offer a suggestion for a fix?

Thanks

hawk#1

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have any suggestions, since I can still email my voicemail to my gmail account.

kenn10

Reaction score
Do you have the "less secure apps" enabled on your google account for the PBX? I had to set up a separate "less secure app" password just for the PBX and have the PBX send the email from my email address.

billsimon

Reaction score
It appears you are sending directly from your PBX without using a trusted SMTP server in between. If so you will be fighting this battle for the rest of your days.

Configure SMTP forwarding with a service that is widely trusted, such as Sendgrid or Mailgun. Or you could use your own GMail account, which is what kenn10 was getting at.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I do the same. Are you using gmail as your SMTP settings? Have you followed THESE instructions? Then I'd send a message from the CLI and make sure it works properly before going to the FreePBX email section.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.