QUESTION Elastix...need help please

ahmedxx2014

Reaction score
Hello everyone ...I am studying engineering...and I made voip server
By using elastix server on my laptop
vm...I made it internal...only internal
Devices will communicate...the problem is that one way audio between my laptop and to any other phones or laptops....but it's work between
Any two phones perfect ..
So I want to solve one way audio please
Note: I connected my voip server with
Mikrotik server
Apps...xlite..csipsimple
Sorry for annoying
Thanks

Reaction score
That is a tricky one. The one way speech path is because both the VM and the Softphone are running on the laptop. They are both trying to use the same ports on the laptop.

I would say your test is successful since 2 phones can talk without a problem. The Virtual machine is functioning as a phone system on the network.

Probably from here the only thing you can do is break the whole system. Since it is not a production environment it is worth doing.

Is your VM virtual box?

There are a couple of options for setting up the network adapter in Virtual Box. Try the other options and see what happens. I think the only ones that will leave the network usable are NAT and Bridge. I would think Bridge would have the best chance of functioning correctly.

ahmedxx2014

Reaction score
That is a tricky one. The one way speech path is because both the VM and the Softphone are running on the laptop. They are both trying to use the same ports on the laptop.

I would say your test is successful since 2 phones can talk without a problem. The Virtual machine is functioning as a phone system on the network.

Probably from here the only thing you can do is break the whole system. Since it is not a production environment it is worth doing.

Is your VM virtual box?

There are a couple of options for setting up the network adapter in Virtual Box. Try the other options and see what happens. I think the only ones that will leave the network usable are NAT and Bridge. I would think Bridge would have the best chance of functioning correctly.
At first thanks for your reply...
But I installed the sever at oracle vm..and I enabled bridge connection...
The main problem that it doesn't work between any two pc not only mine...and between any phones and pcs..
But the between any two phones work perfectly...
I heared about port forwarding DMZ..
And firewall..as a solutions..
But if the problem in router...phones wouldn't work ..right ? So ..I said pcs firewall...and disabled it... problem still

TirsoJRP

Reaction score
Use bridge mode networking and forget about the firewall on the PC. If the hypervisor is configured the network traffic generated from the vm is not affected by the host OS.

ahmedxx2014

Reaction score
Use bridge mode networking and forget about the firewall on the PC. If the hypervisor is configured the network traffic generated from the vm is not affected by the host OS.
Thanks my friend...it worked,but I want another help...IP phone how to connect it in network...via cable and switch as any pc or needs other requirements ? ...also analogue telephone adapter "which converts analogue telephone to IP phone " .

Sorry I am new in voip ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.