PIONEERS Elastix 4.0 + Incredible PBX + CentOS 7

SMTC

Reaction score
Still no pbxstatus command. Search drive wide and nada.

SMTC

Reaction score
After checking the install script it looks like it was not satisfied that I had made the MYSQL password with a "passw0rd".

Re-entered it again and rebooted and ran script again. I get a status now, but IPTABLES just will not start.

Tried iptables-restart and get a message about redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart fail2ban.service. Fail2Ban shows as up.

SMTC

Reaction score
Further debugging yielded a bad line 152 in /etc/sysconfig/iptables. I commented it out and manually started service iptables start.

Line 152 read:
-A INPUT -s -j ACCEPT
which seems to be missing an IP address after the "-s"

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Those are supposed to get commented out if you use the iptables-restsart procedure. Typically these get in there from running the install on the console rather than on a PC connected via SSH.

air_marshall

Reaction score

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
I've been trying to get elastix4 on c@c for 2 days now using that script. Post install, which seems to complete successfully I cannot access the web interface. I get time outs with http and 500 error with https.

Any ideas? Have you achieved a working install on c@c using that script?

quick question, what's the result of sestatus in the cli?

here is my install on a cloudatcost 512mb 10gb ssd 1cpu centos 7

Incredible PBX/FAX 11.21-02 for CentOS 7

Asterisk: UP Apache: UP MySQL: UP
Postfix: UP IPtables: DN SSH: UP
LAN port: UP Fail2Ban: UP Webmin: UP
GV OAUTH: DN PortKnock: UP NR VPN: UP
IMAP Svc: UP POP3 Svc: UP HylaFax: UP

RAM:32MB <><> Elastix 4.0 <><> Disk:4.6GB

Asterisk 11.21.0 FreePBX GUI 2.11.0.34

Iptables issue may be a problem

Last edited:

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
@wardmundy you free later to look at my iptables problem, the ./add-ip script is not working.

shutting down my incrediblepbx elastix4 cloudatcost server for now as currently anyone in the world can access it

ok, now working thanks to @wardmundy's help.

These are my steps to get Elastix4 plus IncrediblePBX running on Centos 7 on a Cloud@Cost instance:

first off, change your password using
Code:
passwd
then
Code:
sed -i 's/\(^SELINUX=\).*/\SELINUX=disabled/' /etc/selinux/config
and reboot
wait for it to boot and then do the following:
Code:
yum -y install epel-release
yum -y install htop glances screen fail2ban wget sysstat net-tools
cd /tmp
wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/el...0.74-Stable-x86_64-bin-10Feb2016.iso/download
mv download elastix4.iso
mkdir /mnt/elastix4
mount -o loop /tmp/elastix4.iso /mnt/elastix4/
cat > /etc/yum.repos.d/Elastix.repo <<EOF
[Elastix-cd]
name=Elastix-cd
baseurl=file:///mnt/elastix4/
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1
EOF
cd /mnt/elastix4/Elastix
for i in $(ls); do yum -y install $i; done
for i in $(ls); do yum -y install $i; done
systemctl enable mariadb.service
systemctl enable httpd
systemctl start mariadb
/etc/init.d/elastix-firstboot start && reboot

Set the mysql password to passw0rd

We have removed the swapfile and the firewalld commands from this http://mangolassi.it/topic/6242/building-elastix-4-via-rpm-repo as both are not needed if we are incrediblepbx scripting afterwards

After running this we really need to tidy up the virtual server before running the incrediblepbx script, remove the Elastix4.iso from /tmp, remove the Elastix.repo (< note the capital E) from /etc/yum.repos.d and remove the elastix4 mountpoint from /mnt.

Last edited:

air_marshall

Reaction score
@wardmundy you free later to look at my iptables problem, the ./add-ip script is not working.

shutting down my incrediblepbx elastix4 cloudatcost server for now as currently anyone in the world can access it

ok, now working thanks to @wardmundy's help.

These are my steps to get Elastix4 plus IncrediblePBX running on Centos 7 on a Cloud@Cost instance:

I'll give this a shot and report back. The install removed the DNS which I've managed to fix with the help of the guys over on the script site.

air_marshall

Reaction score
I got fed up with c@c. Fired up a trial with vultr and used the above process.

Elastix installed, the incrediblePBX on top. Initial progress was good, web-gui is accessible - however, most pages throw a 500 error.

PBX >Extensions shows a blank page

The Dashboard - Processes Status window shows that Database Service is not running.

pbxstatus shows all running and ok, apart from GV Auth (to expected at this point). I am IP white-listed.

Last edited:

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
reran with 1gb ram and 20gb ssd:

Code:
Incredible PBX/FAX 11.21-02 for CentOS 7

Asterisk: UP      Apache: UP    MySQL: UP
Postfix: UP    IPtables: UP      SSH: UP
LAN port: UP    Fail2Ban: UP   Webmin: UP
GV OAUTH: DN   PortKnock: UP   NR VPN: UP
IMAP Svc: UP    POP3 Svc: UP  HylaFax: UP

RAM:377MB <><> Elastix 4.0 <><> Disk:16GB

Asterisk 11.21.0    FreePBX GUI 2.11.0.34

That looks better, now to get this working http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/free-international-voip-calling-with-asterisk.18979/

@air_marshall my extensions page works, I do not know what's wrong with your install

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
I like this error:

Endpoint Configurator

Code:
(internal) Failed to read endpoints: Query Error SELECT endpoint.id AS id_endpoint, endpoint.id_manufacturer, IFNULL(endpoint.id_model, 'unknown') AS id_model, endpoint.mac_address, endpoint.last_known_ipv4, endpoint.last_scanned, endpoint.last_modified, endpoint.last_configured, manufacturer.name AS name_manufacturer, (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM endpoint_account WHERE endpoint_account.id_endpoint = endpoint.id) AS num_accounts, 'standard' AS detail_dialog FROM endpoint, manufacturer WHERE endpoint.id_manufacturer = manufacturer.id ORDER BY endpoint.id

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
so following this:

7. Configuring SMTP Mail with Incredible PBX for Elastix 4.0

Outbound email support using Postfix is preconfigured with Elastix 4.0. You can test whether it’s actually working by issuing the following command using your destination email address after logging in as root:

echo "test"| mail -s testmessage [email protected]
If you don’t receive the email message within a minute or two and you’ve checked your spam folder, chances are your ISP is blocking downstream SMTP servers in an effort to combat spam. Comcast is one of the usual suspects. To enable outbound email service for delivery of voicemail and other email messages with a provider blocking downstream SMTP servers, you first need to obtain the SMTP domain of your ISP, e.g. smtp.comcrap.net. Next, edit /etc/postfix/main.cf and add your SmartHost entry [in brackets] to the line that begins like this: relayhost =. The line should look like this: relayhost = [smtp.comcrap.net]. Save your addition and restart Postfix: service postfix restart. Be sure to try another email test message after completing the SmartHost update. To use Gmail as your mail relay, see this tutorial.

echo "test"| mail -s testmessage [email protected]
-bash: mail: command not found

yay!

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
yum install mailutils
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: less.cogeco.net
* commercial-addons: repo.elastix.org
* elastix-base: repo.elastix.org
* elastix-extras: repo.elastix.org
* elastix-updates: repo.elastix.org
* epel: mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
* extras: less.cogeco.net
* updates: centosb5.centos.org
No package mailutils available.
Error: Nothing to do

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
How about yum install mailx?? We try not to mess with their repo setup.

Jose Casares

Reaction score
I think we're ready for the Weekend Pioneers now.

1. Install Elastix 4.0 from here
2. Then log into your server as root:
Code:
cd /root
yum -y install wget
wget  http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx11elastix40.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblepbx11elastix40.tar.gz
rm -f incrediblepbx11elastix40.tar.gz
./Incredible*
#  after reboot, run the installer a second time
./Incredible*

NOTES: Incredible PBX substitutes our standard Travelin' Man 3 preconfigured firewall for the Elastix 4.0 version. Don't try to use both! Fax capabilities not yet tested.

p.s. Elastix 4.0 is AWESOME!

Feedback appreciated. Still a few rough edges. ;)
Hi there, Have you had a chance to test out faxing? I have a question? what's the point of installing Incredible PBX on top of elastix 4.0?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.