TIPS Elastix 4.0 and Incredible PBX install issues

T

Travelstar

Just managed to finally install Elastix 4.0 on an Intel NUC. Interestingly I ended up having to use the "Basic Graphical Install" option at the grub menu in order to get it to install due to some incompatibilities with Centos 7 and all of the Intel NUCs. That said, I have managed to update everything and also install Incredible PBX.

Whilst everything appears to be up and running, I cannot reach the web server for love nor money. I have checked that httpd is up and running which it is, but accessing the URL of my server yields absolutely nothing - I simply get a 'connection refused'. Also if I use pbxstatus it shows IPtables as down.

Any suggestions for this newbie to get things up and running? My Linux skills are so-so. It's been many years since I have played in this area, but things are thankfully coming back quick.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Probably the default centos (not ipbx) rules. If not publicly exposed try "iptables -I INPUT -j ACCEPT" to accept all traffic. If it works, reboot and craft more appropriate rules.

T

Travelstar

Probably the default centos (not ipbx) rules. If not publicly exposed try "iptables -I INPUT -j ACCEPT" to accept all traffic. If it works, reboot and craft more appropriate rules.

That worked a treat. Just assumed as I was able to SSH, I would not be blocked from web traffic.

Any recommendations on how to align the ipbx and iptables?

T

Travelstar

I ended up doing the following:

1. Stop and mask the firewalld service:

systemctl stop firewalld
systemctl mask firewalld

2. Enable the service at boot-time:

systemctl enable iptables

3. Managing the service

systemctl [stop|start|restart] iptables

I believe Centos 7 uses firewalld which was part of the problem. I know see iptables running in pbxstatus

Any suggestions on putting in default rules?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.