NEWS FLASH Echo Connect

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I just saw this on Amazon, a product called Echo Connect that will allow you to turn any echo device in your home into a voice controlled speakerphone. Not sure what additional it gives you as I can already do this WITHOUT this device. I guess this gives me the ability to use my VoIP account though, so I could say call marketing which would be like extension 303 and that would work. Any thoughts or anyone try this yet?

61REfW5m-TL._SL1000_.jpg

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
And, as an added feature, you allow Amazon to listen to your every spoken word! :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've got one but it arrived as we were headed out the door for Christmas. This made a lot more sense before Amazon started offering free calling to compete with Google. While it lets you shift to your own phone number, it also lets you pick up the tab for the calls.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get it. With the exception of specifying specific VoIP interface not being your mobile line, I don't see the use. Now if I have a client that say's I want to just speak to the phone and have it dial, I guess this would work, but otherwise, why bother. I also think its funny since they even mention VoIP that you are still required to have an ATA to get the dialtone and that it doesn't just use SIP credentials to bypass that part.

hawk#1

Reaction score
Thanks for all your comments, it helps me making the decision to save my money so I can buy a different toy.

Aaron Outhier

Santa's helper (subordinate Claus)
Reaction score
I have one of these, and it works a charm. Using the Alexa App on your smartphone, it uploads your contacts to Amazon cloud, and Alexa will announce a call if it is from somebody you know.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.