NO JOY Doorfon intercom, OBI110 and PIAF

oldrummer

Reaction score
I have ALMOST successfully installed the "Doorbell fon DP28IT and the DP38 NBKS" and have it working with PIAF through an OBI110.
  • The first time I press the door station button it rings a call queue (like it is supposed to) but I do not get audio either way.
  • If I wait until it times out and immediately press the door station button again it works with audio perfectly.
  • If I wait a few minutes to press the door button, no audio re-appears.

It seems to me that something (doorbell fon interface or OBI110) is not registering right away or not registering fast enough the first time - which makes the entire setup useless.

Setup Wiring
Doorstation ->doorfon interface, door 1 -> out doorfon interface on station "to phone" to OBI station "Phone" port -> OBI internet port to switch for PBX access

I used this as a basis for my initial setup, but did not do Step 6 (emergency) because it will only be used as a intercom
http://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4161594

Any ideas? I am stumped

rjaiswal

Reaction score
I have a similar setup at home. Instead of Doorfon, I'm using a Viking E-40-SS. On the extension configured for the obi, I would try setting qualify to yes and qualify frequency to 60. Then do an amportal restart to load the changes. If that doesn't help, I would try setting the qualify frequency lower, to 30 and see if that works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.