FOOD FOR THOUGHT Don't Give Up on ENUM

vcallaway

Guru
Reaction score
The whole enum/enum+ thing has finally come to a head for me.

I wasted several hours yesterday working on outbound routing based on extension number. Just plug in the extension number in the outbound dialplan. Simple right?

Not if you use ENUM.

When a lookup fails it hands the process back to go the next trunk. It does something to the info that looses the extension as the callerid. So the call gets handed to the first trunk that does not have an extension restriction.

If someone knows how to fix this let me know.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
A terrific new ENUM resource (that's fast and actually works). Try NumSpark!

1. Register your SIP URI at NumSpark

2. Add an ENUM trunk in FreePBX

3. Add ENUM as a call route in one or more of your outbound routes

4. Edit line 43 of /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/agi-bin/enumlookup.agi and add 'numspark.com' to $enums array

5. Reload FreePBX: amportal a r

billsimon

Reaction score
Some of us aren't taking ENUM seriously until 1.e164.arpa. exists.

I will note that some countries have at least set up name service for their (official) ENUM zones. 4.4.e164.arpa is served by a bunch of nameservers in *.nic.uk. 6.8.e164.arpa has three nameservers listed: a.enum.cn, b.enum.cn, and c.enum.cn. I'm sure there are many more around the world. The NANPA is not playing ball.

billsimon

Reaction score
And I wouldn't take NumSpark seriously with this dubious claim on their front page:
Numspark is world's first Open Source Voice Over IP interconnect project.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I've already spoken to them about it and received assurances that they are actively pursuing corporate sponsors in lieu of ads. That obviously would be a deal breaker, and it only takes a second to remove them from the rotation. :2guns:

john dawlish

Reaction score
And I wouldn't take NumSpark seriously with this dubious claim on their front page:

Quite right, it simply is not so, that was done 9 years ago by CNet and it is still thriving connecting a whole range collectors heritage telephone systems and modern digital equipment in countries around the world using IAX2

Reaction score
For me it is part of a long list of things that have a limited ROI. It's had a lot of false starts. I have to go now I'm trying to figure out how to eat a pop-tart without going through all the trouble of taking it out of the wrapper .:banghead:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.