DIS PDU Types???

Stewart

Guru
Reaction score
OK, another off the wall "What the..." moments. I've got an Aastra phone that's sending out tons of DIS PDU's. Don't know what that means? Neither do I, but here are some samples...

Aastra 57i ---> Asterisk: PDU Type: Minefield Query
Asterisk ---> Aastra 57i: PDU Type: Underwater Acoustic
Asterisk ---> aastra 57i: PDU Type: Supplemental Emmision Entity State
Aastra 57i ---> Asterisk: PDU Type: Collision Elastic
Aastra 57i ---> Asterisk: PDU Type: Directed Energy Fire

There's alot of it and alot of other stuff, but what the heck is all this?

Linetux

Guru
Reaction score
That should be the Distributed Interactive Simulation messages that Aastra uses in their scripts. Probably payload info for keeping up with the XML apps, possibly BLF stuff. This protocol is normally used by simulators to keep up with relationships of other entities in the same space, but it wouldn't surprise me that Aastra's programmer used this same efficient protocol for some stuff in the phones to determine state.

Stewart

Guru
Reaction score
I've only seen it this once. I've checked other captures and it hasn't popped up. How much of this should I see?

Linetux

Guru
Reaction score
You'd have to ask Aastra tech support for that - but my guess would be any time a page goes off.

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Are you dissing me?

images

RodneyBarbados

Reaction score
Can these DIS be disabled in the Aastra Phones, i do not see any need for them to be enabled unless you can update me on why?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.