QUESTION Direct Fax to Extension?

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I'm on a PIAF Green system. I have AvantFax/Hylafax installed. It works perfectly. What it won't do, however, is email a recipient based on the number called. I have 2 DIDs for faxing; one is mine and another belongs to a friend. I'd like those faxes to be forwarded without intervention.

If I direct the DID to hylafx, I get the emails.
If I attempt to send the fax to an extension, I get errors.

I have tried the following:
In the trunk, faxdetect=yes
In the Inbound Route, Detect Faxes is set to yes; I have tried SIP and Dahdi with a detect time of 10.

I'm sending the fax to an extension which is configured, but doesn't have a phone (essentially a dummy extension).

In the extension, I have fax enable ticked, with a valid email and 'pdf' selected.

When I send a fax to the DID, Avantfax (how I'm sending it) reports "No carrier detected".

Again, if I set the destination to 'custom destinations', 'hylafax' the fax is received and sent to the default (and only allowed) email address.

All I want to do is get his faxes to his email and my faxes (again, separate DIDs) to me.

Help?

Andrew

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
OK, so I figured out my error.

In the Inbound Route, I was setting the destination to Extension, with the Extension set to detect faxes.
I finally saw the 'Fax Recipient' choice and used that. I'd never seen that option (guess I didn't look hard enough).

Added an alias so the faxes to that extension go to 2 people.

Bam, I'm done.

Andrew

Reactions: krzykat

Members online

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treimers