BUG Digium Phones + Asterisk 13

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Obviously nobody has tried installing Digium Phones with Asterisk 13 and DPMA, or we would have heard the screaming from coast to coast. It's that painful. Allow me to share my last two days of water torture which hopefully will save the young and the restless some time.

NOTE: A CentOS/Scientific 6.7 Linux platform is MANDATORY. No Ubuntu, Debian, or Raspberry Pi.

1. You'll need your (free) DPMA secret code from Digium. Get it here.

2. Download and run the installer as root on your Asterisk 13 server:

Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/install-digphones13.tar.gz
tar zxvf install-digphones13.tar.gz
rm install-digphones13.tar.gz
./install-digphones13.tar.gz
amportal restart

3. Open the FreePBX 12 or Incredible PBX 12 GUI and choose Connectivity -> Digium Phones -> General Settings.

4. Disable Easy Mode, create a Global PIN, enter your correct server IP address with port 5061, and make the other settings look like this:

CPcd0ytWsAEtaZ0.jpg

5. Click on the Phone option on the right and add a phone with two entries: the phone PIN and the MAC address of the Digium Phone. Save your entry.

CPcfRa1WwAAGXNV.jpg

6. Add your local LAN entry under the Networks option on the right:
CPcfgpeWEAEe9Ij.jpg

7. Create a SIP extension with voicemail.

8. Apply Settings, restart Asterisk, plug in your phone, and pray... A LOT!

9. If it doesn't work, clear your calendar for the day and CALL Digium! It's a free call with free support.

philsh

Reaction score
When I try the above, I get an error after I register my code. the script connects to digium but gets the error "404 not found". Is this no longer the correct way to add DPMA ? Thank you.

philsh

Reaction score
I see the issue. Name of file in downloads has changed at Digium.

Reaction score
Sounds like the new Cisco.... Why bother? Buying their stuff encourages this behavior.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.