FYI Digium D70 phones

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
I am curious what the forum's thoughts are on the D70 phone. I have standardized on the Aastra 57i phone for a long time but am curious if a switch to the D70 is in order. I know at first you had to use a certain version of Asterisk (certified?) to use these phones but it appears the latest versions work fine without jumping through too many hoops. Yes, you install the special module but you get a free license so it's not bad. I realize the phones really shine when connected to their native Switchvox but for standard Asterisk (piaf) installs, with the proper digium module, maybe endpoint manager.....whaddayathink?

malcolmd

Guru
Reaction score
I think endpoint manager currently configures them as vanilla SIP phones, just using XML configuration, so you miss out on fancy features. I've seen that the roadmap says there are plans to change that in the future.

If you want something now, we maintain a freepbx addon that configures them using the Digium module, that you can use. Details here:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/DIGIUM/Digium+Phones+and+FreePBX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.