1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QUESTION Did I miss free upgrade license?

Discussion in 'General' started by jdp83, Jan 9, 2017.

1. jdp83

jdp83
    Expand Collapse

I'm new to PBX and just figuring all this out. It seems like there's a lot changing right now but this PIAF iso install seemed like a good way to get started. I'm waiting for my local number to port to voip.ms, but also have Google Voice and just bought the gateway service. I'd like to be able to play with both while I'm figuring this out. Did I miss the free upgrade Ward mentioned in his new years post? Or is that or other updates still in the works?

2. Paul Rowell

Paul Rowell
    Expand Collapse

My invite arrived today.

I do wonder what is going to happen after 12 months... I really don't want to invest in learning a new platform to find that I have to pay license fees because I'm using call recordings or call queuing or...

3. Kenneth Jacques

Kenneth Jacques
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I second what Paul says. Can we find out what happens after the 12 months?

4. kd4yal

kd4yal
    Expand Collapse

How do we install the new Key without reinstalling our current setup?

Kenneth Jacques likes this.
  5. jdp83

jdp83
    Expand Collapse

I have the same questions now that I've got it too. Seems like we need to reinstall with new key and import the existing fqdn, but definitely brings up the question about what happens in a year. I really just want to be able to use google voice gateway as a backup trunk for my limited home (lab) use. If I have to reinstall I might as well look into wazo.

6. kd4yal

kd4yal
    Expand Collapse

If reinstalling is the only way to use the new features it is no longer worth pursuing for me.
    The other disadvantage is the added features are only good for a year. :(

7. Kenneth Jacques

Kenneth Jacques
    Expand Collapse

It also sounds like the initial free license that is limited to one trunk is only good for a year as well.