TIPS Dial by name directory FreePBX 2.1x

Reaction score
Having installed quite a few systems the past few years, to be honest I'd been lazy and just using the same stable FreePBX 2.8/2.9 / Asterisk 1.8 and Aastra XML scripts. (Boring yes, but it works)

Anyway, decided it was time to start making the migration to current versions. Am now working on a PIAF system with FreePBX 2.10 (again, stable releases please...). I see that there is no longer 'Company Directory' section to General options. I did do a Google search, and see that there is a new Phonebook Directory module. That much makes sense, especially when you want to add extensions without VM, or block people from the directory.

My problem is two fold - first when I do a search, it only searches on the first name, not the last (not good) and second, it system spells the name, even though a name is recorded for the extension.

So, how do I get back to the functionality I had on my older systems?

My apologies if this is an easy one, I just can't seem to find an answer.

Scott

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
2.11 is what you want; the phonebook directory works for me using spoken name and first and last searches (assuming that's how it's set in General Options for the Phonebook directory).

I don't know if the same works in 2.10.

Reaction score
Ok, figured it out. The default '411' goes to 'Phone Directory'. Not what I wanted. Set up Misc App. for 'Directory' Works as planned now

Karla

Reaction score
Hello!

i have the same problem that you had.. can you please explain a little more about how you fixed it.

I created a Misc App but with anothe feature code :422.. but doesn't work..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.