QUESTION Default settings for extensions? (FreePBX 13)

HermanMiller

Reaction score
Hey all,
Wondering if there's a way to change a setting /set a default setting for all extensions.

I just got done tracing out a problem where only one of my extensions would drop any incoming call after about 4 seconds. Turned out to be that "NAT Mode" was set wrong (was set to No, should be Yes - force_rport, comedia). So now I'm wondering:
a) Can I set a global default for all extensions or
b) Update all the extensions somehow at once.

Then c) can I set a default for this setting for any/all future extensions?

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
I'd say for current extensions, Bulk Handler ->Export to csv file , open in excel / Libre Sheets, whatever, find the NAT column and then set to correct value. Save and reimport.

I WOULD say that BUT on MY 13-13 Bulk_Handler is Broken, I have 147 extensions to do by hand. which for YOU, just manually edit each extension on the Advanced tab.

For setting defaults for future added extensions: Settings->Advanced Settings - do a [ctrl+F} (on windoze or do the command for your system) and type NAT.

There is an entire section for device settings - including NAT Mode.

HermanMiller

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin.
I only have a small handful of extensions as yet so maybe this bulk handler is overkill but I'll def check it out. When you say it's "broken" for you is it just not functioning or does it make a mess of things? I'd be willing to try and confirm your experience but I have to take some precautions if I know it's going to make a mess.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Running 13-13 on Centos6.9 on Hiformance (uses Open VZ) Export from bulk handler to get the format of file

The erase every extension - including the 701 that came in the Enchilada.

If you have an older (frePBX 12 or something) match the fieldnames and put in the new bulk handler format. (some names have changed some are not even there anymore and some don't even get exported in Bulk Handler.

Now import the file -- 1st Attempt is a Primary Key Error due to Extension 701 -- cancel Import Apply Config again and this time the error is a bad index dial -- which DOES exist in Bulk Handler.

See my other thread for everything. But don't waste your time on 'seldom used' modules -- errors also in Superfecta (FOP2 Source now) - that is another separate thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.