TIPS Default password for Web Gui (PIAF)

shetu

Reaction score
I install Asterisk 13.6.8. This version asked for root password but no maint password. What is default password for Web Gui (Incredible GUI 12.0.30) or How do I reset it? Thanks

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
I install Asterisk 13.6.8. This version asked for root password but no maint password. What is default password for Web Gui (Incredible GUI 12.0.30) or How do I reset it? Thanks

You haven't completed the installation. Follow these steps (included in the tutorial):

• Change your root password if it’s insecure: passwd
• Set your FreePBX admin password: /root/admin-pw-change
• Set your web apps admin password: htpasswd /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd admin
• Set your admin password for AvantFax: /root/avantfax-pw-change
• Set your correct time zone: /root/timezone-setup
• Add WhiteList entries to firewall if needed: /root/add-ip or /root/add-fqdn
• Store PortKnocker credentials in a safe place: cat /root/knock.FAQ
• Login to your NeoRouter VPN server if desired: /root/nrclientcmd

You can skip the steps for AvantFax, PortKnocker and NeoRouter if you're not using those services.

Following these instructions, you'll have a password for the web-GUI. Use "admin" and the password that you set after following the instructions above.
/Pete./

shetu

Reaction score
Thanks. I use adsl internet. I have no-ip account also. How do I use it? Please refer some good how to tutorial . Google shows huge link and I lost there.

kuan10

Reaction score
Set your web apps admin password: htpasswd /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd admin When I type this, it said file path not valid. what is difference between wenapp and pbx password?

Dickson

Reaction score

I've installed the latest release a couple of times on a couple of machines (Dell, HyperV, ESXI) and this command "passwd-master" doesn't exist anymore. The whole 'help-pbx' menu that i found really handy is gone.
I was never asked to set a admin FreePBX password either. I used the command /root/admin-pw-change to get me access.

I've installed Incredible PBX13.2 on a couple of machines, and HyperV and all give me the exact same issue. Is this new as-designed behavior? Or is my installation getting pooched?

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
I've installed the latest release a couple of times on a couple of machines (Dell, HyperV, ESXI) and this command "passwd-master" doesn't exist anymore. The whole 'help-pbx' menu that i found really handy is gone.
I was never asked to set a admin FreePBX password either. I used the command /root/admin-pw-change to get me access.

I've installed Incredible PBX13.2 on a couple of machines, and HyperV and all give me the exact same issue. Is this new as-designed behavior? Or is my installation getting pooched?
@Dickson ... Your installation is probably OK ... you just haven't completed the installation.

To complete the install, perform the following from the Linux CLI while logged in as root:
  • Change your root password if it’s insecure: passwd
  • Set your Incredible GUI admin password: /root/admin-pw-change
  • Set your web apps admin password: htpasswd /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd admin
  • Set your correct time zone: /root/timezone-setup
  • Add WhiteList entries to firewall if needed: /root/add-ip or /root/add-fqdn
  • Store PortKnocker credentials in a safe place: cat /root/knock.FAQ
*** THE REMAINING FEATURES ARE OPTIONAL ADDITIONS ***
/Pete./

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.