GOOD NEWS DAHDi Module says installed in IncrediblePBX 13-13, but doesn't actually seem to be installed

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
So there is no confusion, got the download link for the ISO? Looking at Sourceforge and the 13-13 ISO there doesn't appear to be "new".
Code:
IncrediblePBX13-13.iso    2018-01-08

ISO always grabs the latest installer tarball after setting up the OS.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
So I can't get the machine to boot after install. Tried installing with USB and CDROM, same results. After install completes, normal reboot ends with "Error 25: Disk Read Error".
Install was on a HP XW4400, which had a working Incredible (unknown era) install on it before it was wiped. Also attempted a manual wipe of all partitions before install too.
I have not tried booting the ISO and installing in a VM environment.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
So the ISO is ok, currently completing Asterisk/FreePBX install within ESXi 6 environment.

Tomorrow I'll try and locate some slightly newer hardware to attempt another install on.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Ward,

Tomorrow (5/7); I'll run a backup of the current machine and try the 'new' install with my TDM800P w/EC.

I remember having to fiddle like crazy to get the machine to correctly work with the right channels/etc.

Which files could/should I just copy to have the Dahdi stuff 'just reappear' in the new system? in other words, I don't want to go through the reconfiguration - I just want to copy the files and have it 'be right'.

Andrew

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Mine was a hardware issue, I guess the old xw4400 is, well, too old.

Found a HP Z220 and SL has installed, currently running the Asterisk/FreePBX install. Time will tell on the card.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Install is complete, on boot I see:
Code:
Starting NetworkManager daemon:                            [  OK  ]
Loading DAHDI hardware modules:
FATAL: Module dahdi not found.
  wct4xxp:  FATAL: Module wct4xxp not found.
                                                           [FAILED]
  wcte12xp:  FATAL: Module wcte12xp not found.
                                                           [FAILED]
  wct1xxp:  FATAL: Module wct1xxp not found.
                                                           [FAILED]
  wcte11xp:  FATAL: Module wcte11xp not found.
                                                           [FAILED]
  wctdm24xxp:  FATAL: Module wctdm24xxp not found.
                                                           [FAILED]
  wcfxo:  FATAL: Module wcfxo not found.
                                                           [FAILED]
  wctdm:  FATAL: Module wctdm not found.
                                                           [FAILED]
  wcb4xxp:  FATAL: Module wcb4xxp not found.
                                                           [FAILED]
  wctc4xxp:  FATAL: Module wctc4xxp not found.
                                                           [FAILED]
  xpp_usb:  FATAL: Module xpp_usb not found.
                                                           [FAILED]

Error: missing /dev/dahdi!
Starting NFS statd:                                        [  OK  ]
In the UI I noticed DAHDI Config is not installed, so I went to install it from Module Admin and it errors out. Unfortunately the error window is too small, cannot be resized, so I can't see exactly what it complains about.

Any other way to get the module installed?

In the meantime I will attempt the manual config of the card.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
It appears I'm in the same state @domiflichi was when this was originally posted. I've tried re-running make config and make install in the DAHDI source, no change.

Code:
root@IncrediblePBX:~ $ uname -r
2.6.32-696.el6.x86_64

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
SUCCESS!!!!!!
Code:
root@IncrediblePBX:/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.2+2.6.2 $ dahdi_scan
[1]
active=yes
alarms=OK
description=Wildcard TDM2400P
name=WCTDM/0
manufacturer=Digium
devicetype=Wildcard TDM2400P (VPMOCT032)
location=PCI Bus 01 Slot 01
basechan=1
totchans=24
irq=0
type=analog
port=1,FXS
port=2,FXS
port=3,FXS
port=4,FXS
port=5,FXS
port=6,FXS
port=7,FXS
port=8,FXS
port=9,FXS
port=10,FXS
port=11,FXS
port=12,FXS
port=13,FXS
port=14,FXS
port=15,FXS
port=16,FXS
port=17,FXS
port=18,FXS
port=19,FXS
port=20,FXS
port=21,FXS
port=22,FXS
port=23,FXS
port=24,FXS
WARNING: Always run Incredible PBX behind a secure hardware-based firewall.

Went to DAHDI 2.6.2 to get things working.

Now to try and get the DAHDI Config module....

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
What a battle but, I WON!!!!

As documented above, to get the card working I had to downgrade DAHDI to match the kernel version, all well.

Then I couldn't install DAHDI Config via the GUI, so I went at configuring the card manually. I ended up with dialtone on the ports, and the phones could call each other, but no CallerID was being presented and *65 only stated "Your extension number is" and hung up. Asterisk didn't know the numbers and I couldn't determine where that needed to be inputted. (I do have 1 server configured without the module but even comparing side-by-side I couldn't spot the differences) So, I went at the DAHDI Config module again. I attempted to install the module from the CLI and was presented an error similar to "syntax error, unexpected $end in Unknown on line 36", which pointed me to a 3 year old bug at https://community.freepbx.org/t/getting-error-message-after-module-updates/36732/10.
Using the solution posted by "Tuta" I was able to get DAHDI Config installed. The card is now configured via the GUI and working properly. I will have some happy users by the end of the day....

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@tbrummell Just so I understand. You were using the Incredible PBX ISO with its kernel version plus Dahdi 2.6.2 to make things work?? I just want to have a perfect match going forward for those that need Dahdi.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, IncrediblePBX13-13.iso. Installed from there, IP'd the box (no DHCP in the lab(on purpose)), ran /tmp/firstboot, had a finished install with a kernel of 2.6.32 and DAHDI 2.11?? (I can't remember the extact DAHDI version). Then read that they must match, tried 2.6.3, no luck, went down to 2.6.2 with luck.
I just had a thought, I think I did a kernel update in there too...let me check...
Yup....
Code:
root@IncrediblePBX:~ $ uname -r
2.6.32-754.12.1.el6.x86_64
So with that kernel, and DAHDI 2.6.2, I had a working card. Then I went through the hassle of DAHDI Config module and now have a working box.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks, @tbrummell. I've dropped the version back to DAHDI 2.6.2 for new installs which should get at least some folks working. Probably should have named DAHDI as P.O.S. which would have been more accurate. :death:

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
This post saved the day again, stupid DAHDIConfig module....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.