FOOD FOR THOUGHT DAhdi Groups not honored in Trunk Programming

edlentz

Reaction score
We have a Digium FXO card in a system that is running Asterisk 13 with the latest version of FreepX and Dahdi version 2.11.1 We get the FXO card listed in the Dahdi Config and also can assign groups to the FXO ports. The issue comes up when we try to assign a group to a trunk. The trunk options list all the groups and they can be assigned and then the submit and Apply config is utilized. Double checking the FXO group assignment in the trunks reveal that the previous setting has been replaced with the default of Group 0. Browsers we have tried: IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Safari. We thought that there might be an issue with the browser. We thought that maybe Freepbx just was not showing the new settings, possibly being in cache. So testing the outgoing for each trunk was a bust. I do not know where to go from here.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

edlentz

Reaction score
Thanks Dicko.

I have seen the phrase "dahdi helper" before do you mean the Dahdi Config module in Module admin? Will following the link you provided, that only provides the proper config file for the rest of the Freepbx GUI to program the trunks? Seems like something Freepbx should fix. Is this a known issue and should we look forward to working this way in the future with all DAHDI cards?

Thanks again

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Yes I do, Dahdi is not part of Asterisk so properly configured, asterisk and FreePBX would accept any edits if not modified. dahdi does a hell of a lot more than that module can handle (as you have discovered), so yes read that link and look at your /etc/asterisk/*dahdi* and /etc/dahdi/* files generated by that module to understand/edit/remove as necessary.

Last edited:

edlentz

Reaction score
Maybe I am overthinking this or something. The "Helper" seems to be working (in my limited knowledge admittedly). The issue is when we want to assign the Group to a trunk in the Dahdi settings of the trunk. The "system" doesn't write the information to either the db or a file somewhere so that the trunk only uses that group for outbound calls.

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
It's the other way round, you assign trunks to groups, a trunk can be in any number of groups, and the groups can be ordered in several ways. The configuration is totally in the files mentioned in the link I gave plus any "included" files (as generated by the module)

Last edited:

edlentz

Reaction score
Update:
We contacted Schmooze to check this out. They indicated that the changes were being written to the DB, but the Gui wasn't showing the changes. They seemed to think it was working but from the tech onsite it doesn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.