FYI cxpanel update needed but can't find

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you continually receive messages that cxpanel needs updating when you do an amportal restart, here's the fix:
Code:
amportal a ma upgrade cxpanel

According to tm1000, the reason you can't see the available update is because we disable the commercial module repo by default so that no one is confused about what's free (GPL) code and what's not. Commercial modules also are not supported on the ARM hardware platform.

Sean Hogan

Reaction score
Hi. I ran the above and got....

root@pbx2livehostingus:~# amportal a ma upgrade cxpanel

Please wait...

Downloading 149923 of 149923 (100%)
Code:
root@pbx2livehostingus:~# amportal a ma upgrade cxpanel

Please wait...

Downloading 149923 of 149923 (100%)

Untaring..Done
Module cxpanel successfully downloaded
Setting operator panel web root and enabling dev state....<br>Done<br>Setting callevents = yes....<br>Creating client symlink....<br>Done<br>Enabling voicemail box polling<br/>Creating "cxpanel_server" Table....<br>Upgrading "cxpanel_server"....<br>Done<br>Creating "cxpanel_voicemail_agent" Table....<br>Upgrading "cxpanel_voicemail_agent"....<br>Done<br>Creating "cxpanel_recording_agent" Table....<br>Upgrading "cxpanel_recording_agent"....<br>Done<br>Creating "cxpanel_email" Table....<br>Upgrading "cxpanel_email"....<br>Done<br>Creating "cxpanel_phone_number" Table....<br>Upgrading "cxpanel_phone_number"....<br>Done<br>Creating "cxpanel_users" Table....<br>Upgrading "cxpanel_users"....<br>Done<br>Creating "cxpanel_queues" Table....<br>Upgrading "cxpanel_queues"....<br>Done<br>Creating "cxpanel_conference_rooms" Table....<br>Upgrading "cxpanel_conference_rooms"....<br>Done<br>Module cxpanel successfully installed

SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS
chown: changing ownership of ‘/etc/asterisk/manager.conf.bak’: Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of ‘/etc/asterisk/manager_custom.conf’: Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of ‘/etc/asterisk/manager_additional.conf’: Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of ‘/etc/asterisk/manager.conf’: Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of ‘/etc/asterisk/manager.conf.bak’: Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of ‘/etc/asterisk/manager_custom.conf’: Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of ‘/etc/asterisk/manager_additional.conf’: Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of ‘/etc/asterisk/manager.conf’: Operation not permitted
chattr: Operation not supported while reading flags on /var/www/html/cxpanel
chattr: Operation not supported while reading flags on /var/www/html/provisioning
Permissions OK

Please enlighten me.

Sean Hogan

Reaction score
I am used to using centos, not ubuntu but I was unable to get this installed on centos.
Your script for installing it on ubuntu worked though.
However, I can not edit permissions on any files even as root.
Why can't permissions be changed even by the script?
This was a fresh ubuntu install by the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.