QUESTION Custom extension to call Linphone sip account

ScottVinzant

Reaction score
(I'm new to this, I may not have all my terms correct, please be patient, I will get there!)

Background:

I am set up at HiFormance (Dallas) with IncrediblePBX 13-13.
I am trying to set a "Custom" Extension (7011) to call my Linphone sip account.
Under the "Advanced" tab, I have set my dial string to: SIP/<MyUserName>@sip.linphone.org
Now, I had this (I believe) working the other day, now it won't work.

From a desktop client, I call extension 7011 and it just rings and rings (on the desktop client).
The Linphone client on my cell phone never rings. I do have the Linphone iOS client setup on my phone, it's registered/online.

BUT! If I dial (from the desktop client) sip:<MyUserName>@sip.linphone.org the client rings my cell phone as it should. I am also assuming that that call did NOT go through IncrediblePBX in this scenario.

Additionally, if I put different sip addresses (Lenny, Jolly Roger, etc) into the dial string for this test extension, they work as expected.

NOTE: I have not set up any trunks, inbound or outbound routes yet.

Questions:
1/ Does anybody have any experience getting a custom extension to call a Linphone account?
2/ Are there any other sip based "push" services that work similar to Linphone?

Thanks!
Scott

Mods:

If this question/thread is in the wrong forum, please let me know or move it to the correct one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.