QUESTION Custom Email for AvantFAX

DoctorJ

Reaction score
Perhaps someone can help me? Is there a way to customize the AvantFax email, specifically to add the incoming DID information?

Currently, AvantFAX sends a very simple email:

Code:
fax id: 2766
Pages: 1

AvantFAX

Is it possible to add another line, indicating the DID that the sending fax called? In other words, my fax number?

Why do I want this information? Searching the forums, it has routinely been difficult to route faxes by incoming DID. For example, John's fax is 111-111-1111 and Sally's is 111-222-2222. As currently configured in IPBX, both of these numbers would route the fax to the same email inbox as there is only one custom destination for fax and the email for fax delivery has been set during installation.

So, if I can get the incoming DID information in the email, then the batch email box (such as gmail) can parse the faxes based on filters and then forward the faxes to the appropriate emails. Sure, I would get one email inbox with everything (but that could be another archive), but each user could then receive their individual faxes.
----
As an aside, reviewing the information in the forums seems to imply that the newest IPBX with Asterisk 13 and AvantFax 3.3.5 integrates fax receiving back into extensions under fax (and not a custom destination). I this instance, would the emailed fax go to the email associated with the extension (or the bulk fax email)? I don't have the newest version of IPBX, but curious.

Thanks.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Perhaps someone can help me? Is there a way to customize the AvantFax email, specifically to add the incoming DID information?

Currently, AvantFAX sends a very simple email:

Code:
fax id: 2766
Pages: 1

AvantFAX

Is it possible to add another line, indicating the DID that the sending fax called? In other words, my fax number?

Why do I want this information? Searching the forums, it has routinely been difficult to route faxes by incoming DID. For example, John's fax is 111-111-1111 and Sally's is 111-222-2222. As currently configured in IPBX, both of these numbers would route the fax to the same email inbox as there is only one custom destination for fax and the email for fax delivery has been set during installation.

So, if I can get the incoming DID information in the email, then the batch email box (such as gmail) can parse the faxes based on filters and then forward the faxes to the appropriate emails. Sure, I would get one email inbox with everything (but that could be another archive), but each user could then receive their individual faxes.
----
As an aside, reviewing the information in the forums seems to imply that the newest IPBX with Asterisk 13 and AvantFax 3.3.5 integrates fax receiving back into extensions under fax (and not a custom destination). I this instance, would the emailed fax go to the email associated with the extension (or the bulk fax email)? I don't have the newest version of IPBX, but curious.

Thanks.
Did you get this working? I too would like to figure out how to include that line in the email.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.