GO HERE CRM for Wazo: Where to Start in Deploying a customer relationship manager

ABSGINC

You can call me Scott.
Reaction score
Lets start by saying I am running Asterisk 14.6 on Wazo 17.11

In way oh help I need your suggestions of projects and source examples and appreciate general guidance and close examples that can point me in the right direction to learn more of what is necessary in developing middleware or starting from the ground up in CRM. I've always considered an open source project, but I'm not one to reinvent the wheel every time, so first I'm asking; what's out there, what have you seen, what have you done?

I've been 'playing around' with the companion app (still called Xivo Client) and switchboard and can see how this will be a useful front end on visualizing call queues and placing outbound calls from a custom app easily using the tel: url at minimum. -- But next comes finding and building the customer data!

There are a lot of CRM systems out there, more popular are subscription web based apps now a day if a developer wants to ensure themselves of being paid, every month... Not interested in most of those. I'm looking for the open source systems that will likely run on LAMP that I'll have a high flexibility of customization over and not a lifetime investment of residual. I would like in house to basically have an intranet running the CRM where all calls, appointments, followups, notes, etc are handled on our in house database.

I would like to integrate asterisk in a way that incoming calls during the dialplan hit the customer database and the magic happens from there. If we cant find a customer for the incoming phone number the agent that takes the call should have a form forced to create the "new" customer or associate this new # to an already existing customer.. if the number is recognized as an existing customer then I predict some logic getting them to the right party, and once the call is delivered the agent taking the call would already have the customer record open and adding a new call record to the customers file.

Of course through all of this I imagine saving the recorded phone call into the crm as well, all of this I know is 100% possible, but before I begin trying to build my own CRM from the ground up, where are the best places for me to START WITH an open source project that has already accomplished this sort of integration?

Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide!

ABSGINC

You can call me Scott.
Reaction score
Anymore feedback is greatly appreciated. I translated the page and checked it out. Interesting stuff so far. Some things I already imagined explained using the tel: browser links to trigger the Xivo app for outbound calls from the CRM app. I'm looking for deeper integration. for inbound, and I'm sure I will found it down this route as i have already begin exploring an open sourced crm project.

I was struggling where to efficiently manage a ldap, address book , and I still am. I haven't figured it all out yet.

Although I managed so far to install an open source CRM system built on sugar, the SuiteCRM, I created a specific virtual machine for it running on crm.myhostname.com - I even fired up Webmin on that box and I kind of got excited when it asked me for notification permissions. I accepted noticing that it was able to serve out application browser notifications for server system events by having a properly configured app manifest and browser service worker, and of course adding a task to you cron job.. It got my mind ticking and eventually this is the kind of thing I will want my CRM to do as well. I ponder writing a plugin to trigger notification sending through webmin, but it might be easier to just make a new service worker for the crm. Getting ahead of myself.

The CRM VM I fired up serves the SuiteCRM out quite nicely and i'm just starting to get my feet wet with that adding users and employees. Eventually as an incoming call comes in asterisk i'd like to be able to have my CRM working determining if this is a new customer or an existing, and I haven't got passed me knees in this water yet..

As I dive in, I still appreciate any success stories and feedback from others using suite or sugar crm with their asterisk environment and other open source plugins that achieve an asterisk integration.

1reason

Reaction score
I replied to another post of yours, albeit I'm currently using SuiteCRM and Asterisk together, however, on a very limited and non-complete basis. I'm looking for greater features, including the ones left in the other message (voicemail drops) and incoming routing based on salesperson assigned to the client etc....

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@Sylvain Boily
Hi, could you tel me at what poit are your CRM plugin wazo and zoho?
And also where I can see informations.
Thank you very much for your time attention and help

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Hello, the plugin is not public for the moment, but it works natively with wazo and zoho phonebridge. Keep in touch. We'll expect to release it at the begining of 2018.

Mack Allison

Reaction score
Looking forward to this! we are currently using wazo and zoho. Presumably the plugin will be open source as well?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.