CRM for email managment (not about PiaF)

Reaction score
This really has nothing to do with PiaF, but this forum seemed like a good place to ask since may of you are dealing with customer service.

I'm looking for a piece of software that will accept incoming email from customers, and assign email to a customer service agent.

Currently we are working on Outlook Express with everyone connected via IMAP to an email account, and I feel like there has to be a better, more elegant solution out there to keep customer's emails and a history of interaction with customers organized.

Reaction score
Ok, I haven't installed or tested yet, but I'm not able to find a whole lot of information about Hesk. The very short features list does not talk about inbound email. One of the key features that I'm looking for is the ability to receive inbound email into the helpdesk software. So that already published email addresses that customers already have will get entered into this system as new tickets.

Do you know if this is possible.

P.S. I know this isn't about PiaF, but these forums don't really have a spot for completely off topic discussions. Not sure if that's intentional or not, but again, the PiaF community seemed like a good place to ask this question.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Consider also Sugar CRM which I believe can interact with Asterisk in a number of interesting ways - it also has a webmail client.

Joe

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.