Corporate Shared Phone Book Frustration: What do you do?

What Type of Corporate Phonebook do you use?

• Asteridex or other internal Phonebook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XML Phonebook

• other

• Total voters

cfm56

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I'm rather frustrated with the state of the shared corporate phone book. I've never been able to just get this right. I've tried various flavors of Xivo\Wazo and Asterisk over the years

It seems to me after 2 days of research, I'm limited to:

-LDAP (Complicated and laborious to setup)
-Asteridex\Wazo phone books- Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't update automatically as people add numbers, is just a static list that is difficult to update)
-XML Remote Phonebooks, which don't seem universally compatible with different brands of phones, and I'm unsure if they can be automatically updates.

This seems an incredibly difficult subject to just do correctly in this day and age of technology. What I want is a phone book that can be corporately shared among all VOIP phones and updated in one location as people add contacts. Almost as if people shared the same contact list on a cellphone but...where everyone could update that list.

Is that too much to ask?

What do you guys do? Am I just wandering down the wrong dark alleys? Unaware that one more street over is that perfect solution I've been dreaming of? Is there some flavor of 3CX, Asterisk/PIAF, Wazo, Issabel that just gets this right?

Thanks
Shane

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.