Configuring Vitelity SIP Trunk

jackrandle

Reaction score
I'm the proud owner of a new vitelity trunk and did.

I've read 1.7.5.5 guide, pbiaf without tears, step by step html.
I still can't get it.

I used their (vitelity) pbxiaf install wizard and got configure scripts to be added to sip.conf and to extensions.conf.

I understand not to edit directly but to add to each appropriate custom.conf

I've reloaded, restarted, and still no vitelity trunk.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Once the trunk appears, can I then use the GUI to point incoming calls to my default ring group(777) defined by the GTALK?

jeffmac

Guru
Reaction score
as briankelly63 has suggested, there are previous threads in the forum about configuring vitelity trunks. and when you get there you'll be referred back to the vitelity site with a suggestion that you use the "Trixbox" instructions (which is another distribution that uses FreePBX like PIAF does).

As to your last question, you'll want to go the "inbound routes", add a route with your vitelity number as the DID, and leave the caller id blank, the down towards the bottom you can select a destination of "ring group" and select your pre-defined "777" ring group.

save/apply/confirm and you should be working.

Jeff

jackrandle

Reaction score
This community rocks!

Thanks for clearing up the confusion.
It's easy to make a wrong turn on the vitelity site.

Thanks everyone!! I'm on the air!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Incidentally, the inbound and outbound Vitelity trunks come preconfigured with Incredible PBX. All you have to do is insert your username and password credentials.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.