I am still getting
makemap -r hash genericstable.db < genericstable
-bash: makemap: command not found
etc when trying to follow along on my vultur instance
thanks in advance

makemap -r hash genericstable.db < genericstable
makemap: illegal option -- r
usage: makemap [-U] [-d dbtype] [-o dbfile] [-t type] file
WARNING: Always run Incredible PBX behind a secure firewall.

progress

cannot create temporary file /var/spool/smtpd/offline/1573071079.XXXXygHTaO: No such file or directory

I dont know, think didnt reinstall from root....
I have the same problem with mine I'am on esxi 6.7 everything worked fine the first time then i installed new HDD and reinstall Centos7 minimal and i have the same issues

KNERD

Reaction score
I have always had better luck with postfix, and it gives better log information

Red RedMan

Reaction score
yum install sendmail sendmail-cf m4
Aloha,
yes i did install that and i even just did a full new setup and followed these instructions and the same thing.
even tried before i did the yum update
I should probably mention im using incrediblepbx2020
same error it don't recognise --r
im a little confused oh well thanks for your help
could i just make a smtp server on another system and use it?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Red RedMan: First, let me apologize for the pain this has caused. We try to do new installs every month just to be sure nothing has come unglued. But we dropped the ball in April, and I guess we can blame it on covid-19 along with everything else.

Long story short, there was apparently a new release of yum that broke a feature that's worked for years, namely the ability to use yum to load an RPM from outside the enabled repositories. We used that with sendmail because sendmail is seriously broken in CentOS 7 (as you have discovered). We now have fixed the installer, but if you want to try this on an existing server, here are the commands to run BEFORE you try to set up the SMTP RelayHost as documented in this post. The same steps apply even if you don't wish to use an SMTP Relay.
Code:
rpm -e sendmail sendmail-cf
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/sendmail-8.14.7-4.el7.x86_64.rpm
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/sendmail-cf-8.14.7-4.el7.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh sendmail-8.14.7-4.el7.x86_64.rpm
rpm -Uvh sendmail-cf-8.14.7-4.el7.noarch.rpm
systemctl start sendmail
systemctl enable sendmail

Last edited:

KNERD

Reaction score
@wardmundy What is the difference between the sendmail which comes with RHEL and the ones you are providing?

Also, would it be better to do this command instead?

Code:
yum install sendmail-cf-8.14.7-4.el7.noarch.rpm

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@KNERD: Specific versions tend to vanish without warning which then breaks things (again). That was the reason we brought a working SendMail configuration in house. Just one of the joys of open source software. :death:

Red RedMan

Reaction score
@Red RedMan: First, let me apologize for the pain this has caused. We try to do new installs every month just to be sure nothing has come unglued. But we dropped the ball in April, and I guess we can blame it on covid-19 along with everything else.

Long story short, there was apparently a new release of yum that broke a feature that's worked for years, namely the ability to use yum to load an RPM from outside the enabled repositories. We used that with sendmail because sendmail is seriously broken in CentOS 7 (as you have discovered). We now have fixed the installer, but if you want to try this on an existing server, here are the commands to run BEFORE you try to set up the SMTP RelayHost as documented in this post. The same steps apply even if you don't wish to use an SMTP Relay.
Code:
rpm -e sendmail sendmail-cf
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/sendmail-8.14.7-4.el7.x86_64.rpm
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/sendmail-cf-8.14.7-4.el7.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh sendmail-8.14.7-4.el7.x86_64.rpm
rpm -Uvh sendmail-cf-8.14.7-4.el7.noarch.rpm
systemctl start sendmail
systemctl enable sendmail
Thank you,
But i'm not worried about it. Covid19 has me home instead of building led video walls, so im just trying to learn new things.
love the system and Skyetel is great and easy to set up and most of all they actually had hawaii DID lol,
I have been thinking about this situation and was wondering how I could use a SMTP server for my mail.
I noticed that Skyetel has a SMTP server for use with a user name and password also my ISP requires a user name and password for SMTP service
google for some reason is not allowing a unregistered (No Domain name registered)server to relay any more as all my emails where kicked back on the ubuntu build I have running.
Let me share what I have
2 x Dell PowerEdge R610 Servers running ESXi 6.7 , 96 gig ram, 2x Intel Xeon 5660's, connected through a Dell powerconeect 5224 managed switch, 1G fiber, (Yes Hawaii finally got residential fiber yay)
on each i have windows 2016 server and 2019 server. and a couple of linux distros, now i'm trying to figure out the best PBX distro to use and I keep coming back to IncrediblePBX2020 just wish it was on a Debian or Ubuntu server not CentOS7.
So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Looking to use all the bells and whistles TTS and STT polly would be great
Well stay safe and thanks for all your help, this is the main reason I keep coming back to IncrediblePBX all the correct and fast replies

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.