QUESTION Configure Avantfax to email PDF confirmation

simplydrew

Reaction score
I've noticed that after an Avantfax install or two that it appears fax confirmations that come in via email do not appear to have a configurable option for a PDF of the exact fax with a time stamp of delivery. This has recently caused an issue for a small mom and pop insurance agent shop that I'm dealing with - who, due to Error and Omissions guidelines they need to follow, are not satisfied with just the email that comes through to the sender saying "OK".

They're in need of an email being delivered from Avantfax with the "OK" information and the time stamp on a PDF itself, so they can print and file it. It appears that Avantfax sends a .gif file with a microscopic version of the cover page, but that's all I'm seeing so far.

Anyone have this working in their implementation, or found a way to make it work for your case?

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
In your webfaxroot/include/local_config.php are variables you can/should customize, one is $NOTIFY_INCLUDE_PDF , another useful one for you there is $HTML2PS , Google for adding watermarks to that file and add it to your modified avantfax faxcover.php or webfaxroot//sendfax.php you can print it automatically from there also.

Last edited:

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Hey @dicko, so you know how to change the confirmation page that is sent? Right now it sends in the attachment the actual PDF/doc sent. What the client wants is to have the page that looks more like the fax with the name across the top with the date/time stamp. You can see this document in the archive when you click the green button to the right with "txreport.php?fid=%ID_number%" ... they want to see that in the confirmation instead.

Any thoughts?

dicko

Reaction score
It's all in the notify script which is responsible for sending what to who depending on the result of the fax job. (Also a good place for cups or archiving if not HIPPA)

In your /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config

NotifyCmd: bin/notify.php

This is the Avantfax php script sym-linked to

/var/spool/hylafax/bin/notify.php

hylafax provides its own bash script in

/var/spool/hylafax/bin/notify, Personally I prefer the bash one.

you would need to modify one of them to your liking and point NotifyCmd: to your preferred choice, Avantfax won't mind if you use the hylafax version, add avantfax logging if needed with ref to the php script

Watermarking the pdf file sent is probably best done with ImageMagick's convert command with it's -caption option, you can use

$(date +"[format string]") for a date, other variables like email address and hylafax' seq as you see fit

Last edited:

l4cky

Reaction score
Hey @dicko !

I have incredible pbx, but I don't know anything about php or editing. Can you give ma a short tutorial about what you mean by watermarking and what should I exactly write (I will just copy paste). I tried to get the confirmation paper in a bigger pdf format as well as the confirmation included in the pdf if possible.

I don't know how to code in php, and I also don't know how to access the while or edit without a mouse + click windows interface type (doesn't know how to use the terminal interface).

Thanks!

dicko

Reaction score
You don't need php in particular, bash scripting is easier and quicker to acquire but you will need some basic skills and familiarity with bash to proceed, a few weeks should be enough.

l4cky

Reaction score
You don't need php in particular, bash scripting is easier and quicker to acquire but you will need some basic skills and familiarity with bash to proceed, a few weeks should be enough.

during the installation of incredibelfax, they ask to put the mail to receive faxes.

Do you know where we can modify this email? in which files?

thanks

dicko

Reaction score
I really don't know anything about incrediblefax but email addresses are set in the admin, modem and user account pages of avantfax

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.