Conferencing with Admin PIN

tomsyr

Guru
Reaction score
I'm running FreePBX 2.5.1.1 with the conferencing module 2.517
I can't seem to make the following work -
If I set up a conference room with a admin PIN and Leader wait, the system does not prompt for a PIN. When a second caller joins, the conference works.

The system will prompt for a PIN if I put an entry in for a user PIN and a Admin PIN. Is this by design?
I would prefer to just have an admin PIN so that a conference doesn't start without a leader present, and there's no real need for a participant to enter a PIN.
Is there a work around for this?
Thanks,
TomSyr

TheShniz

Guru
Reaction score
No, you MUST either specify BOTH an Admin & User PIN... or neither, only then will the caller be prompted. Think logically, there's no way to know 'this caller' should be asked while 'this other caller' shouldn't. The Conference Room defines the caller by what PIN is entered.

tomsyr

Guru
Reaction score
Conf with admin pin

I understand where you are coming from, but as part of being a PIN protected room for just the leader, an announcement would state "If you are the Leader, please enter your PIN now..."
If the caller is just a participant, they would have to wait until the 'leader' has opened the room. If a participant calls in after the leader has started the conference, they would automatically enter the room, and everyone would hear the tone.
To me – it seems like that is the intended design – that’s why you would pick “Leader Wait”. This helps to secure the room. Everyone could have the dial-in number and conference room number, but without the admin and his PIN, a conference can’t start. Or be highjacked :cool:
If there's a way to pass a null for the caller - that would do it I think...
TomSyr

tomsyr

Guru
Reaction score
Well - I got a little further.
Originally, I had the following:
exten => 272,1,MeetMe(,scM,)Going through the Asterisk book, it looked like in needed (,scMw,)
I have that in now, and the Leader wait works, but when I put in the admin pin, it doesn't work.
Trying with a user PIN works, and they are on hold waiting for the leader, but the system doesn't take the admin PIN.
Looking at the meetme_additional.conf shows a user pin, but not the additional user pin, which should look like this:
conf => confno[,pin][,adminpin]
What I have is:
conf => 1234,123
But it should be:
conf => 1234,123,321

Does anyone have the conferencing working and could share with me the code in meetme_additional.conf ?
Thanks,
TomSyr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.