QUESTION Conference recording auto email

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I am sure I read something about this somewhere but my sick search skillz fail me today. I want to email conference recordings out automatically after they're created. A cron job should do the trick I suspect that runs once every half an hour but I haven't got the mad skillz required to write or implement such a beast. Basically get all the files in the recording folder for a given conference and send to a given email address then delete them.

Apologies for the vocabulary above I've had a lot of red bull today already.

Any pointers or walk throughs very much appreciated for PIAF 2.0.6.5, Asterisk 11 and Freepbx2.11

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I see this as a feature request in FreePBX as well but alas it is not there. I really wish I had the time to learn properly.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Would this work with confbridge? Almost everything I have uses confbridge now.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Alternatively, wouldn't a cron job using 'lsof' to test to see if the file is open (ie conf still in progress) work?
If the file is closed, email it and delete it.
If the file is open, the next cron run will find it (or loop back again the next time if it is a 31+ minute call, etc.).

Igaetz, I like the look of your solution, but you're using tools I don't possess <g>.

Andrew

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.