Completely self contained ISO - no internet needed for install

totalimpact

Reaction score
I kind of dont like the fact that it needs internet during the install, I many times load machines where there is no broadband.

How large are the addons that it loads? It would be nice to bundle those.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

There are plenty of other ISO's out there which are self contained, maybe one of them would be more suitable for you.

Alternatively, you could install manually by inserting the pbx_load after the ISO install.

The FreePBX modules are delivered by broadband by design of the FreePBX team. If you want to put these in manually, then you can - just insert the tar files into /var/www/html/admin/modules/_cache then untar them the /var/www/html/admin/modules directory.

I have noticed that the zaptel installation now goes up to the internet to get some components, so I think that doing a complete install without broadband is going to be more and more impractical.

Yours

Joe

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you're loading or running telephony systems without broadband, then PBX in a Flash and FreePBX are definitely not going to be your cup of tea. After all, broadband is the primary reason we're all using Asterisk in the first place. Sorry. :cool:

But here's an idea for you. Build up the system you need with PBX in a Flash AND broadband. Then load Tom's backup script and make an ISO backup of your complete system and burn it to disk. Now you can take that self-contained backup disk and build your other systems. Perhaps that will better meet your needs. It also moves the headache of new, weekly ISO builds from our plate to yours. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.