FOOD FOR THOUGHT Completely disable iptables? Won't stay dead...

Tidder

Reaction score
Incredible 13-13.8 on SL 6.9. I have disabled fail2ban, iptables using chkconfig. I did find a cron entry where iptables was being restarted and commented that out. Yet, I'm still having iptables come back to life after a reboot. How can I kill it completely? I have a firewall in front of my PBX managing my security for me, and iptables is actually causing an issue where sometimes my inbound calls will not connect, likely because I haven't whitelisted all the potential originating IPs from my provider.

Anyone have any pointers? Is there another service that is reliant upon iptables aside from fail2ban, port knock maybe?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Why not modify /etc/sysconfig/iptables and make it wide open. Then if it starts, it doesn't do anything. Is the IPtables causing issues for you?

Tidder

Reaction score
Ah, that's a good idea. Yeah, if I stop iptables, I don't have issues with phone calls coming in from Flowroute. I haven't taken the time to add the 4 or 5 different ip blocks to the allowed list, would rather just kill iptables since it's redundant in this particular setup.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.