GO HERE Complete Guide for Novice

Real Johnny

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am engineer though IT isn't my area but I love experimenting specially when I know I can benefit a lot from it. I am expat living in GCC where mostly VoIP is a nightmare. From last few days I am doing my best effort searching every possible website including this and related to find a complete tutorial for novice like me.

I am writing here what I have experienced, I hope this will not offend gurus here and my ignorance will be ignored.

First trouble was what to do after creating a droplet on digital ocean (I preferred Ubuntu over CentOS after some reading though spend a lot of time to figure out what to do next). Questions I was trying to find answers were:

1- Is my Ubuntu ready for Incredible PBX or PBXinFlash after Droplet is created ?
2- What dependencies I need to install via putty after droplet is created ?
3- Is Asterik installed first and then PBX in a flash or Incredible PBX ? Are these both dependent on Asterik ?
4- Is PBX in a Flash and Incredible PBX are different or have different purpose or work hand in hand ?

4- When all is installed (somehow without a 100% idea of what happened or is missing ) why I am not able to log into ? IPtable how to allow access from all IPs ?

5- Is there any ready to go ISO that I can mount and run my tiny miny VoIP server that let me use TCP and TLS both in this VoIP restricted area and where I can configure service on my GoIP device.

After so many questions in mind I feel there is a need to have a guide for novice like me as I hope not all here are with IT or software background and love to experiment as a hobby :)

My best regards for all of you.

Real Johnny

Reaction score
Now i installed Ubuntu with incrediblepbx following this guide. But I am not able to login in from IP4 address given by digitalocean on port 9001 or 80. It is probably webmin? I couldn't do anything with iptables but my IP address is dynamic and I want to access from any IP. Any help please.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
why do I end up on the nerdvittles page if I click the screenshot?

Reaction score
Hi Real Johnny:

I suggest that you follow this tutorial: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=9713 It works perfectly on a Ubuntu Digital Ocean droplet.

Don't use your existing droplet!!!

"... Create an Ubuntu 14.04 (not 14.10!) 512MB droplet of the cheapest flavor ($5/mo.)... "

Follow the tutorial exactly and you will have a working Digital Ocean PBX. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.