FYI Commercial modules in IncrediblePBX

chellea

Reaction score
With IncrediblePBX, can I register my system for commercial modules? I want to use extension routing but cannot figure out how to install it.

Many thanks in advance!!!

chellea

Reaction score
With IncrediblePBX, can I register my system for commercial modules? I want to use extension routing but cannot figure out how to install it.

Many thanks in advance!!!

My apologies, my system info is as follows
Core version - 2.11.0.34
Asterisk v11.13.1

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
What platform are you on? RasPi, BBB, PC, what?

Reaction score
Each Commercial Module is tested and built for the FreePBX Distro, which runs SHMZ OS (maintained by Schmooze for use with our Distro, and AsteriskNow), which is based/Derived on RHEL and CentOS. Non-FreePBX Distro systems, such as PIAF, do not come with support for the FreePBX Commercial Modules at install. You need to install a few packages and a FreePBX module to register your system. Please follow this guide on how to enable support for the FreePBX Commercial Modules. Commercial Modules are only officially supported on the FreePBX Distro. Any FreePBX system with FreePBX 2.10 or greater, CentOS/RH/SL/EL 6.x and php 5.3 should work with most Commercial Modules, but there are no guarantees that all features and functions will work. You are on your own if there are issues. As for Ubuntu, FreePBX and many of the Commercial module dependencies may require the installation of RPMs. We do not package programs for Ubuntu at this time, as there is not a huge demand, and the efforts to do so would be redundant to our work with SHMZ OS, as well as take away development cycles from advancing the core open source platform. Another reason we only focus on one OS, is this allows us to provide updates in place for not just FreePBX, but the entire PBX platform, making it much easier for end users to keep their systems up-to-date, without having to do a wipe and rebuild, for the Distro we provide updates for not only FreePBX, but also the OS, Asterisk and the hundreds of other dependencies in a Distro, this would be impossible if we supported every Linux variant available.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks for the commercial. PIAF 3 has supported FreePBX Commercial Modules out of the box... for years.

Reaction score
Thanks for the commercial. PIAF 3 has supported FreePBX Commercial Modules out of the box... for years.

wardmundy just trying to clarify things for you users, not meant as a commercial, but an explanation as to what to expect and why we only support and guarantee functionality on certain operating systems. I have in the past built you an instance of PIAF with all commercial modules enabled, for your testing to my knowledge you have never logged in to that system. I am still willing to provide you with licensing for testing with all of our commercial modules, as I'm not sure how you can state support for something that you have not installed, if you are interested then register a system and get me the deployment ID and I'll get all of the licenses enabled for you to play around with, and ensure compatibility of these modules for your users.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
reconwireless: I appreciate the offer. I'm not the only developer. Others regularly use Schmooze Com's commercial modules running PIAF 3 out of the box. Haven't heard of a problem which generally means life is good.

As an FYI, it's not the commercials that are bothersome. It's the proselytizing for your distro which is less than subtle in suggesting it's the only way to fly.

Reaction score
wardmundy It doesn't matter to me, if people use the FreePBX Distro or PIAF, as long as they are happy with their purchases from us and the modules work as advertised. Right now, for some of them that doesn't appear to be the case with PIAF, There was a problem reported this week, on our forums, in our ticketing system, and here on your forums, just trying to be proactive to respond to your communities request, not trying to convert anyone with my explanation of why we do things a certain way... short answer is no we don't support Ubuntu with commercial modules, they are only officially supported on the FreePBX Distro, but you can likely get most of them to work on PIAF on RHEL/SL/CentOS/EL , but they are untested, and your mileage may vary. If there is a PIAF developer with contributing access to your project that would like to work to ensure feature compatibility for you users please hit me up, and I can work out something to provide some access, so that your users that have a desire for the functionality provided by the modules, can do so with some confidence that they will work properly on your Distro.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Despite the protestations to the contrary, let me quote a sentence from the thread you have referenced:
Schmooze's tech support suggested it may be an apache auth or .htaccess issue and that i'd be better off switching distros.

Reaction score
Despite the protestations to the contrary, let me quote a sentence from the thread you have referenced:

These applications work fine on the FreePBX Distro, and AsteriskNOW, without someone with contribution rights to PIAF testing, and working with this, that would likely be the best course of action at this point, if the user wants to utilize the features provided by the phone apps. My offer stands to anyone on your team that wants to take a look at what is blocking the apps for this user.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.