NEWS FLASH Commercial Asterisk PBX on the RasPi

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It's given me an idea. How about hosted Rasp Pi telephony! You could fit a hell of a lot of these into even an 11U 1/4 rack. And they don't take much power right?

Somebody beat you to it. And the price isn't too bad either...

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
They are hosting them for free if you provide one then? But it can take up to 90 days to get the system up and running and they will charge if any re-installs are required. And there is no access allows once installed. If you want it sent back to you there is also a charge. I guess all of that is reasonable. Unfortunately a lot of the conditions are only available in Dutch which I'm not good at. But still it's worth considering hosting some Rasp Pi's. With a standard install build (or say PIAF for Rasp Pi) it would be something that I could see a commercial application for in renting out small PBX systems. As long as they are backed up they should be simple to replace if any single Pi goes wrong.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We have a friend that's been using Incredible Pi for about six months now. We have his system set up to reboot every night. So far it has been flawless. I get an email every morning confirming the reboot was successful. Will be interesting to see how long the SD card lasts with nightly reboots. This is the only way I'd want to install one off site to which I had no access.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.