TIPS Comments/Recommendations on SIP/DID provider

Reaction score
Greetings, all! I have been doing some research for the last hour on a new sip/did provider for personal use at home. Like many of you, I am a recovering GV SIP user. This would be for personal use at home, single DID, inbound and outbound, very low call volume. I will either host incredible pbx at my home or on my own personal cloud. I seem to have narrowed things down to three providers:

bandwidth.com
Twilio
Anveo

Any quick comments from anyone who has experience with these services in a similar environment to mine? Thank you for your time!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you're using the latest Incredible PBX 16 builds, they come preconfigured to support Skyetel, VoIP.ms, V1VoIP, and Anveo Direct out of the box. What that means is you can sign up with one of those providers, buy a DID from them, specify the IP address of your PBX as the endpoint, and you can instantly start making and receiving calls without ever touching your PBX. Read tomorrow's article on Nerd Vittles for all the details and the latest Incredible PBX 16-15 for CentOS 7.

kenn10

Reaction score
Probably the cheapest of the lot is Anveo Direct. I ported all my incoming numbers to them because it only costs about $0.19/month per number. Their service is fine. I've had no problems. They do not support E911 however so for home use, you might want to look at Skyetel or others who are full service. I maintain one number with a different carrier that does support E911 so that if anyone in the household dials 911, we're covered.

Looking at Bandwidth.com (who provides numbers and service to many of the other carriers) the pricing looks good and they indicate that they provide E911 service.

Last edited:

gtiglobal

GTI Global Technologies
Reaction score
GTI offers SIP/DID Service for home!
SIP Account $3.75 per month (Including DID & Fax/SMS Number)
E911 Service $0
Outbound USA Calls $0 (personal use only)
DID Number USA 10 concurrent calls
All DID SMS/FAX ready
We provide SMS to Email Service (FREE)
Free DID Portal to manage your account!
Try before you buy!
Email or call us for more details!
[email protected]
Donald Phone: 352-240-3816 ext 2519

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
bulkvs.com will do your e911 for you for 79 cents a month or something like that. Also they recently dropped their origination DID and termination prices to be NEARLY in line (sometimes slightly less or more than Anveo Direct). They also have really cheap toll free service now. May be worth a look.

kenn10

Reaction score
GTI offers SIP/DID Service for home!
SIP Account $3.75 per month (Including DID & Fax/SMS Number)
E911 Service $0
Outbound USA Calls $0 (personal use only)
DID Number USA 10 concurrent calls
All DID SMS/FAX ready
We provide SMS to Email Service (FREE)
Free DID Portal to manage your account!
Try before you buy!
Email or call us for more details!
[email protected]
Donald Phone: 352-240-3816 ext 2519

Your website is rather short on corporate details. How long have you been in business? Where is your corporate headquarters? How many SIP trunk customers do you service? Are you a reseller of another backbone provider or do you have your own data center(s)?

gtiglobal

GTI Global Technologies
Reaction score
You can find more information about the corporation here.. if you need more details you can always call us!
Fed Gov. Small Business Contractor CAGE-CODE: 6J2H5
STATE OF FLORIDA DOC # P11000052988
D-U-N-S #: 03-600-4491
We have over 200+ customers ranging from Medical, Law, Resellers
What type of services are you looking for?

Last edited:

kenn10

Reaction score
Here's a big "Gotcha" in their terms and conditions. So you have about 30 days to test it and then you're stuck for a 1 year period unless you want to pay the disconnect fee:

3.5 Disconnection Fee.

You will be charged a disconnection fee of $100.00 if your Service is disconnected for any reason after forty-five (45) days from activation and within the first year following the activation of your Service.

Halea

Reaction score
@kenn10 : Thank you Kenn for your vigilant eyes! Any so called cancellation, termination fees are off limits in my book. I can't believe that they are still doing it after the early 2000's string of lawsuits all over the USA. The cell phone companies learnt their lesson but apparently GTI didn't attend that class.

Samot

Reaction score
Any so called cancellation, termination fees are off limits in my book. I can't believe that they are still doing it after the early 2000's string of lawsuits all over the USA

Well you must not do a lot of business level services because this hasn't changed at all despite those 20 year old law suits. All the majors still have cancellation and termination fees for early termination of a contract.

-----

Now speaking professionally, the SIP trunk offer that was posted here raises flags. Let me break it down.

1. DID & FAX/SMS Number - So is this one DID that does all three services? Or is this a DID for calls and another DID for FAX/SMS services?

2. $0 for US Calls but personal use only. What is personal use? Let's say that is 500 minutes. Awesome. At $0.004 (a good avg rate) 500 minutes is $2.00 in cost.

3. How is the FAX handled? Is is Fax-to-Email? Is there a portal? Is this just a number that does T.38 and routes to an ATA/FAX machine? Because the first two have costs. Plus the actual usage of the call and a fax page could roughly be upwards of 60 seconds to deliver per page.

4. Same for SMS. SMS-To-Email? Portal? Outbound sending of SMS? Is there a cost for the messages? I mean there is on the back side so is there a cost to the user or is that included? If so was the "Fair Use"?

5. Inbound usage. Very odd to not charge for outbound (where the real cost is) but charge for inbound. You're look at another $0.50 at least in cost for inbound.

So right now the SIP Trunk service for $3.75 is costing almost $2.65 to provide the service. But wait there's more, the 911 registration has a cost, maintenance has a cost, operations has a cost and most importantly **SUPPORT** has a cost. I am failing to see how $3.75 is a viable price point for this service as there is basically no margin on this for profit.

All the flags raise the question of, in order to be profitable where are they cutting costs?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Yes - how many minutes do you use before they say not valid. When things are too cheap, beware.

Halea

Reaction score
Well you must not do a lot of business level services because this hasn't changed at all despite those 20 year old law suits. All the majors still have cancellation and termination fees for early termination of a contract.
Hmm, I think you are confused as you are conveniently mixing consumer level contracts with enterprise level contracts. Regardless, especially if you want to speak "professionally" you should revist your contracts with your vendors. Maybe you haven't done it in a long time.

Samot

Reaction score
Hmm, I think you are confused as you are conveniently mixing consumer level contracts with enterprise level contracts.

I wasn't confused at all. I pointed out specifically the business side.

Regardless, especially if you want to speak "professionally" you should revist your contracts with your vendors. Maybe you haven't done it in a long time.

Oh I do, I rarely have a vendor contract go full term that hasn't been re-visited/re-negotiated multiple times before the end of the term. Even with vendors that have month-to-month terms I re-visit regularly to re-negotiate pricing and such based on volume. It's just S.O.P..

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I have taken on clients from the likes of Comcast, AT&T, and Hotwire communications where the clients had contracts with termination fees if the contract doesn't complete. Sometimes as little as 1-2 months, up to 50%. Depending on where they are in the contract, I've bought it out to get the new clients on-board now.

Samot

Reaction score
I have taken on clients from the likes of Comcast, AT&T, and Hotwire communications where the clients had contracts with termination fees if the contract doesn't complete. Sometimes as little as 1-2 months, up to 50%. Depending on where they are in the contract, I've bought it out to get the new clients on-board now.

Same here. Sometimes it is just worth it to get them off the old contract.

gtiglobal

GTI Global Technologies
Reaction score
Hello Guys! FYI...
There are NO cost to cancel ANY services with GTI! you signup as a "Pay-As-You-Go" services.
Mobile Service or VoIP Services. We provide a resellers portal to sell VoIP services, if needed.
Again, If you are looking to signup to use our Voice services wholesale or retail, home or business there are NO EXTRA cost
or fees to cancel your service. If you would like more details on GTI services, you should send us an email as we offer several products and you will have the correct information so you can decide for yourself!

gtiglobal

GTI Global Technologies
Reaction score

-----

Now speaking professionally, the SIP trunk offer that was posted here raises flags. Let me break it down.

1. DID & FAX/SMS Number - So is this one DID that does all three services? Or is this a DID for calls and another DID for FAX/SMS services?

2. $0 for US Calls but personal use only. What is personal use? Let's say that is 500 minutes. Awesome. At $0.004 (a good avg rate) 500 minutes is $2.00 in cost.

3. How is the FAX handled? Is is Fax-to-Email? Is there a portal? Is this just a number that does T.38 and routes to an ATA/FAX machine? Because the first two have costs. Plus the actual usage of the call and a fax page could roughly be upwards of 60 seconds to deliver per page.

4. Same for SMS. SMS-To-Email? Portal? Outbound sending of SMS? Is there a cost for the messages? I mean there is on the back side so is there a cost to the user or is that included? If so was the "Fair Use"?

5. Inbound usage. Very odd to not charge for outbound (where the real cost is) but charge for inbound. You're look at another $0.50 at least in cost for inbound.

So right now the SIP Trunk service for $3.75 is costing almost $2.65 to provide the service. But wait there's more, the 911 registration has a cost, maintenance has a cost, operations has a cost and most importantly **SUPPORT** has a cost. I am failing to see how $3.75 is a viable price point for this service as there is basically no margin on this for profit.

All the flags raise the question of, in order to be profitable where are they cutting costs?
I guess you are use to paying a bloated rate for VoIP services! I can understand, most of you are still paying $1.50 per month for DID, and $0.00975+ for termination and more... we are offering DID for $0.55 with FREE USA/Canada Inbound and calling up to 2000 minutes per month Outbound!

Samot

Reaction score
I guess you are use to paying a bloated rate for VoIP services!

No I really don't. I'm in the same space as you (minus the mobile) and I have a few thousand subscribers. I just can't see how $3.75/month for a service is a viable price point. Then again, I have found that a lot of small providers don't calculate a lot of costs as part of their product margin models which skews the actual margin they believe they are working with. So that could be the case here.

gtiglobal

GTI Global Technologies
Reaction score
Yes - how many minutes do you use before they say not valid. When things are too cheap, beware.
We have been around before VoIP, (from the old BBS days back in 1982) we have over 10000+ REAL customers all over the world that provides LEGAL VoIP services to their clients and business customers, we sell more than just VoiP services, buying a product for $0.0010 and selling for $0.0012 nothing is wrong with that! we help small business grow their voice services! We GTI have more than one source unlike most of the voip resellers. The mentality of some people that "if it cost less it is not good" is not always true! look at one of the major mobile carriers here in the USA, they cut their price 35% to 60% and they are one of the best service provider that help families afford to give their kids a cell phone! (not that kids with phone are a good thing now) lol. If we told you we could sell you Mobile service (on the carriers network) for $28 for unlimited Talk/Text device data and 20GB WiFi of data, you would also say it is no good right?? well we can! Why? because we believe in numbers VOLUME.
Most of the VoIP provides are out of business they are trying to get rich on one sector of their business GTI does not!
Why not email and find out more? information is also FREE!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.