R.I.P. Codecs script does not work on 1.1

ksalter

Reaction score
The codecs script at http://pbxinaflash.org/codecs.htm does not work on the 1.1 distro. I get the following message:

*This script will only run on PBX in a Flash! You are not *
*authorized to run this program on 'other' pbx systems *
*Too bad........ *

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
fixed

Sorry something did not get updated in the verify script. Download it again

I am going to be consolidating this script into a single one where you simply choose your processor and it will download and install things.

Tom

ksalter

Reaction score
I might have spoke too soon. The script runs, but when I go into the CLI and issue a 'core show translation', both g723 and g729 have - in all columns.

ksalter

Reaction score
Here's why: in the full log...

[Dec 5 15:18:06] WARNING[3606] loader.c: Module 'codec_g729.so' was not compiled with the same compile-time options as this version of Asterisk.
[Dec 5 15:18:06] WARNING[3606] loader.c: Module 'codec_g729.so' will not be initialized as it may cause instability.
[Dec 5 15:18:06] WARNING[3606] loader.c: Module 'codec_g729.so' could not be loaded.

This is the Athlon version.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
hmm will have to look

There may be issues with the codecs which are after all educational non production versions! I take no credit for them so thanks for letting me know I will see if there has been a new version compiled recently if not I will take them offline.

Tom

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
too bad

Sigh have had to retract the statement somewhat.

Digium have changed things however I seem to have found a patch should be up later tonight. The bad news. I only have P4 and opterons to test it on so once the changes are up someone is going to have to test the p3 and athlon and see if the changes work. I have made it work on several p4's here

please be patient

Tom

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Codecs are now classified experimental

Because of recent changes with Asterisk I have had to move the codes to the "experimental" class. I believe all of them function now but am unable to test the athlon, P3, or opteron versions. The P4 seems to work now with none of the errors mentions above.

When I have a sufficient number of testers using the various codecs I will set the status back to production (for educational purposes only) you still need a license for g729 and g723

Tom

ksalter

Reaction score
On my Athlon machine, the script works and 'core show translation' indicates that both modules load successfully. I will now try some phone calls to test transcoding, etc. and report later today.

Thanks for the quick work on this! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.