DEAL CloudAtCost Promos

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Same here. My 1 server that has been up for almost 2 years has been down for more than 3 days.
Tried to build a new one , status install pending. Tried another 1 several hrs later same status install pending
The first new one finally was up the next day, but could not access it. The second one is still install pending.
Awhile back, I could not access my server and it magically started working after payment of the annual maintenance fee!

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
They must have lost a datacenter. Is there a way to tell what datacenter your existing servers are on?

I had 4 servers running yesterday; 1 PBX; one simple web server, one FTP box, and a remaining experimental server comprising all of my remaining resources. Today the simple web server (that has been up for months if not over a year) and the experimental server have a cpanel banner indicating "install failed" that says "Server Build Failed" -- "We are sorry but your server has failed. Please delete the server and build a new one in a different DC. Install times should not be 1 minute. Sorry for the inconvenience. PLEASE DO NOT OPEN A TICKET."

Edit to add: Or, maybe they have bigger problems. Attempting to access "https://members.cloudatcost.com/" results in "A fatal error has occurred: Too many connections Error Code: 1040"

DDoS? DC failure?

Last edited:

mbellot

Reaction score
They must have lost a datacenter. Is there a way to tell what datacenter your existing servers are on?

Not for certain, but I know that when I was attempting to rebuild over the weekend DC-2 would get 64.x.x.x IPs and DC-3 would get 45.x.x.x IPs.

I also have the one server that survived that is on a 104.x.x.x IP.

steve54301

Guru
Reaction score
And the fun begins (again)...

Five of my six servers mysteriously stopped working late last week (Friday I think). Attempts to spin up new ones usually fail or just sit for hours/days "Pending". On the off chance one actually builds it fails the network test and is useless.

Interestingly, yesterday I could try (in vain) to build on DC-2 or DC-3, tonight only DC-2 is an option...

Are they running a new promo, or are they getting ready to run off with my/our money now that they have taken another $9?

I am in the same boat. Things were pretty good for the last year, so I not that long ago gave my $9. Now all my servers have stopped working and I wish I would have not sent the $9.

Last edited:

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
The two servers (out of 4) that remained unscathed are 104.233.XXX.XXX IPs. I just built one from the ashes of the two that went kaput, from DC2 I think, and it came up with a 64.137.XXX.XXX IP. And I have one other server that came prepopulated with CPanel that has a 45.X.X.X IP.

pnannery

Reaction score
i know this thread has been dead for a while however, i have had my sever up for 6 months things seem to be getting better one can hope.

mbellot

Reaction score
i know this thread has been dead for a while however, i have had my sever up for 6 months things seem to be getting better one can hope.

For the most part. I had one (of six) go read-only a week or so back, running fsck made a bad situation unrecoverable so I ended up deleting and re-creating a new server.

Fortunately none of the six are used for anything important, and I've got the rebuild down to ~ 10 minutes (once the VM is ready).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.