DEAL CloudAtCost Promos

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Cloud at Cost is currently running a promotion where if I refer someone who buys a Developer 2 (or larger) system, I'll get a free one myself.

If you're looking for a one time fee Cloud server to play with, then this just may be for you. If you do buy a Developer 2 Cloud server, please PM me for my email address to include at Checkout. :)

(shameless plug for myself to get a free server, I know)

http://www.cloudatcost.com/pricing.php
Cloud At Cost System Message:

08/12/2014 01:12 PM

We are pleased to announce the Cloud At Cost FREE Server Program. (while Supplies Last)

Q: Awesome!! How do I get a free server?

All you have to do is refer a friend and get them to enter your email address during the order. Once their order is paid you will receive a coupon code for a free developer server in one business day.

Q: Is there a limit?

We currently have no limit to the amount of free servers you can get but its while supplies last.

Q: Do I have to be a current customer to refer someone to get a free server?

No you can be a new customer, just ensure your referral has your correct email to enter in their order.

Q: Is there a minimum purchase for my referral before I get a FREE server?

All your referral has to do is buy a Onetime Developer 2 or larger server to qualify.

Q: How long can I keep the server?

The server is yours with same terms as a “Onetime” Server.

Note: Someone who purchases a server and asks for a refund just to get a free server will cause your server to be suspended.

If you have any questions please contact [email protected]

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
If more then 1 people does this, I'll gladly "donate" (if possible) the other(s) to Ward. :)

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
True, as with anything. I haven't had any issues with mine (yet).

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I got a little one to try out, too. CentOS 6.5 (64-bit) with Incredible PBX loads fine. So far so good. Not big enough to generate a commission for you. Sorry.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Had a little problem with the partition sizing on our test machine. Opened a ticket and got it resolved in under 3 hours. Impressive!

Opened a new Big Dog 3 jumbo server for our projects. $560 with half price coupon: BIGGER50

Also got tbrummell his referral. If you sign up, please message me for an email address. Costs you nothing and provides additional storage for the projects!!

Happy Camper in the Kitchener, Ontario data center. :scooter:

BvBdrDBCUAAoCcj.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Developer 2, CentOS 6.5, Incredible PBX 11. Not a production server, using it to test auto diallers at the moment.

SkykingOH

Guru
Reaction score
As someone who has an acquaintance with the recurring cost of a hosting business this seems like a ponzi scheme to me. For each 500k they collect if 50% is invested they will earn 1000 a month. Depending on the mix that won't even cover the BGP peering.

I would be very leery of the business model.

BTW we missed you guys at FreePBX world!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Wouldn't be the first business to start with a loss leader to build a customer base. As you say SkykingOH, they're not losing much in the process. Down the road, you stop offering the unlimited plans. Where have we heard this before? :biggrinjester:

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Remember, this is the same company that offers free VoIP to major Canadian centers as well. I had a number with them until just last month, ported out (call quality was getting bad) after 4 years. The WAF had gone way down, and since it's her number, I had to fix it. That business model seems to be working.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We're actually having pretty good luck with these virtual machines. Performance is pretty much comparable to what we're using for PBX in a Flash and Nerd Vittles hosting.

If you're the gambling type, it's probably worth a try. We now have coupon-generating authority so you can grab any of the Big Dog servers for half price for the next 7 days. The coupon code is BIGD50OFF

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
CloudAtCost has 50% off everything this week. Coupon code: BIGGER50

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out who has a datacenter in Kitchener and where it is. Fibernetics who is a big CLEC into VOIP and does a good job has one there, and Sentex has one in Cambridge not far up the road.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
atsak I think this is a spinoff company from Fibernetics. The whole data center runs can run on solar panels apparently. I'm impressed with these guys. I've opened two tickets with them, and both were resolved within a couple hours.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Fibernetics is very good - they are the CLEC that carries the DID's for Anveo and Voip Innovations for example in Canada. Their whole datacenter running on solar panels - I am driving by to look; that I have trouble believing. I have seen where I think it is and I don't see any panels. Maybe they are using Bullfrog power though - that's all green. Also, this is Canada. You can't run on solar panels in the winter.

The only thing that worries me a little bit is that area of the province is not really very fiber diverse (ie there's Bell Canada and Rogers, and maybe Allstream I think). A fiber cut could be problematic . . . it has been before for fibernetics, but that's a once every five years kind of problem.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I purchased the DEV2 package and installed everything quickly with 9 trunks. My issue came in to play when sometimes using the GUI, it would just freeze for at least a minute when saving a USER or DEVICE, sometimes just disconnecting. I could see running TOP, it all looked normal, but there was a terrible lag. Testing it out on a 30 minute call, the calling voice would just get choppy or garbled. I cut back over to my in-house PBX not experiencing those issues.

Should I have purchased a bigger machine? Not sure. It could just be the latency from Road Runner Florida to the data center... I'll play more in the next few weeks, but if anyone wants to throw me a suggestion, please do. Hosting is an entirely new concept to me as everything has been in-house - I'm learning a lot though... :arabia:

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.